To all who participate on this board: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

by cruzanheart 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Don't you want to know why? Well, I'll tell you . . . .

Today I called someone I've known for many, many years, since I was about 5 years old (DIM will know who -- Josephine), to see how she was doing. When I was little I was in awe of her and thought she was the most fashionable person I knew. Her parents were old school Witnesses who thought nothing of taking the train to New York to argue a point of doctrine with Freddie and Nathan. When I grew up I realized, to my shock, that she was a bigot, and my respect for her diminished. When my dad got disfellowshipped she was downright vicious in her judgmental viewpoint of him and I stopped talking to her altogether. I think she called me a year ago and told me that she had had a stroke. We spoke briefly, and I did not tell her that I was no longer attending meetings. Today (since I'm home this week) I called her to find out how she was, and I was struck by the hopelessness in her voice as she struggled to say, as she had last year, "well, it won't be long now before this system is over."

She doesn't believe it anymore, and won't admit it. I see this in two friends we have who are still JW's and, remarkably, still talk to us. "It won't be long now," but there's a hollow sound to it.

EVERY ONE OF YOU HERE ARE SMARTER THAN THE ELDER AND HIS FORMER PIONEER WIFE, SMARTER THAN JOSEPHINE WHO WAS RAISED A JW BY TWO PEOPLE WHO PERSONALLY KNEW JUDGE RUTHERFORD. Anytime you are tempted to feel bad about yourself or listen to the little voices in your head or the big voices of your family telling you how stupid you are for leaving "the Truth," please remember this: you are now, maybe for the first time in your lives, looking at life head on, right in the eyes, and seeing it for what it is. Life is sad, happy, hard, easy, fun, stupid, frustrating, and the best thing in the world.

Enjoy every minute, my friends! And the future? Let it come, whatever it is. Just do your best now.

Love to all of you,

Nina

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Backatcha Nina!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Life is sad, happy, hard, easy, fun, stupid, frustrating, and the best thing in the world.
    Enjoy every minute!

Yes, yes yes! Now THAT has the ring of truth!

...and the little girl said, the Emperor has no clothes!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Of course this is the woman who, although swearing allegiance to Jehovah's 'spirit directed organization' married an unbeliever (her elder father performed the wedding in a kingdom hall) and once while at a district convention cheerfully pointed out a 'zebra' couple (her words). It was irrelevent to her that man and woman in question were fellow believers, and Jehovah is supposed to be color blind.

My point is that this is a woman who has turned a blind eye all her life to whatever does not fit in her little pre-packaged 1955 world. She is an arrogant, hypocritical snob, the very flower of Jehovah's Witnesses in 2004.

I shed no tears for her.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Needless to say, she and Big Tex are NOT and never were the best of friends . . . and I don't blame him at all. I'm still openmouthed that my dad told Chris (but not me) that the reason we moved from St. Croix to Australia when I was 14 was not because the need was greater in the Northern Territory but because they saw the local guys in the islands showing an interest in me and they didn't want me to marry a black guy. That still blows me away because they raised me to be scrupilously non-biased, or so I thought.

As Pontius Pilate said, "what is truth?"

Nina

• bebu
    bebu

I second this heartily, as a never-never-dub. You are more special than you know; that is the view from here.

I salute everyone here who has gritted their teeth and determined to put a halt to the WT in their lives, whether by fading, working on helping others out, risking being DF, deciding to DA, etc. These are heavy decisions, but the heart of it is your courage to pursue the truth--even if at personal cost--is the kind of thing true human greatness is made of.

Anyone who has been under the influence of the WT and struggled at any point to break the thought control has my respect and admiration.

(...What was the first beatitude..."Blessed are the poor in spirit"?... )

bebu

• patio34
    patio34
    Life is sad, happy, hard, easy, fun, stupid, frustrating, and the best thing in the world.

Enjoy every minute, my friends! And the future? Let it come, whatever it is. Just do your best now

As Jgnat emphasized, the above is worth remembering. It's going up on my "motto wall." Thanks, Nina!!

Pat

• vitty
    vitty

I lived in fear of the big "A" before i came in the truth(I was brought up on till i was 7) and i new albout 1975 my mother had a nervous breakdown. So when I was 24 I joined. I never really questioned anything (shame on me) I was just relived my 2 babies were safe. But now I would rather live with the fear of the future, not so much armageddon I donĀ“t know I that will ever go, but life in general. The numbness i have felt over these last years. Any disaster or war I felt numb.I thought its all going to end soon anyway And because I knew i wasnt good enough I was going to die too. I have no control over the future I have to just live now and with the decisions that "I" make I want to feel and think ever though it may be painful.

• vitty
    vitty

Sorry pressed the wrong button I just wanted to say if it wasnt for these posts I thought I was the only one who felt this way, what a relief to hear people say what im thinking a big THANKS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Amen to that, Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit