Do you like my new profile picture??

by DATA-DOG 11 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I made it myself, although I am not very good at computerizin'.. I thought would try to encapsulate many subjects at once, after all, " A picture is worth a thousand words." 

If anyone knows of a good MEME site that will let me make it better, please let me know. None of the sites I visited would let me rotate the words properly. I was force to make it on my phone.😔

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Correct me if I'm wrong; I get the message since I watched the movie 2001 a Space Odyssey. It looks like the scene where the primitive hominids, or 'apes' were curious about the Monolith that an extraterrestrial species had sent to Earth.

If you're trying to imply that the Watchtower is like that Monolith then I disagree. I could understand why you would think that the Organization (surrounded by 'apes') is like a monolith but the example you gave should not be used as an analogy because the monolith from 2001 actually served a good purpose to the evolution of humanity whereas the Watchtower does not.

Also, your pic resolution on your avatar makes it hard to see let alone discern the symbolism.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know the resolution sucks. I'm basically poking fun of the WTBTS view of science and of JW.org as an idol. It made me laugh.. I may change it. 

• millie210
    millie210

I thought it showed your sense of humor.

If you dont like it, try another. Theres plenty of avatars in the sea!

Im still trying out a few myself. 

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    funny
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I first thought of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Then I thought about less-than-normal intelligence JWs admiring their new shiny idol, JW.ORG.

I don't remember the point of the monolith in the movie, but Village Idiot's comment might be right. Maybe the monolith in the movie did serve a good purpose (I don't remember). If it did, then I guess it wouldn't be good to compare it to JW.ORG.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I thought it  came off as more pro JW.Org which I understand was the opposite of your intention. Advertising the brand of a disliked company is giving that company a free pass........I'd at least defame the monolith with anti JW graffiti. or leave it run a line through it and superimpose JWFACTS.COM 
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I really like it.

When I first saw it I got a woody.

Rub a Dub 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The monolith in Arthur Clark's movie 2001 was sent to 'reengineer' humanity's ancestors so they could ultimately evolve into a space traveling race. There were several monoliths.

The first one induced the propensity to use tools. After such an ability came about it fast forwards to the future where humanity has a space station and the ability to easily travel to the moon. That's where a second, larger monolith is discovered. 

When the lunar monolith is discovered it sends a message to the planet Jupiter as an apparent bait for further space exploration. Inevitably a spaceship is sent to Jupiter (Saturn in the book) to investigate.

David Bowman is the astronaut on the ship who makes contact (after being temporarily sidetracked by a psychotic computer) with a third and largest monolith. That monolith is a space portal that sends Bowman to another location in the galaxy.

The last part of the movie is semi-metaphoric but it has Bowman in custody, well taken care of in a hotel like environment, for the rest of his life until he's just about to die. That's when a small monolith appears in front of his deathbed and sends him back to Earth reborn as an infant god. 

It comes down to this. An extraterrestrial race wanted humanity to evolve further so that they could be gods.

Not quite like anything the Bitchtower does.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well then, my picture represents the WTBTS's doomed attempt to rob humanity of its future Godhood!!  JWs can mock science and attempt to tag the sacred monolith with JW advertisements, but in the end they are just monkeys bound for the glory of the great unknown!!

Worship the ORG as they may, they can NEVER cheat their destiny!! MUAHAHAH, HAAAAAHHHAHAHAAAA...AHHHH!!!! 

Yeah, I like that. Irony.....😏

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit