Did you ever get a W (Work needed) on a talk?

by desib77 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

YEAH... I used to get it for Pausing......

IMAGINE.. me having so much to say that I talked fast to get it all in!!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

When i realized i always got a "G" i tried my best on a "W". So even with the point "fitting illustrations" and not having ANY i got a "G" - because, he said, sometimes it is good to better have no illustration than a bad one.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

many, many times I got W -- sometimes I asked for it -- I asked the TMSO to be really firm and give me counsel so I could improve

• fairy
    fairy

i actually got a "w" because i wore slip on shoes.....

• Larry
    Larry

Yeah got W's on warmth No. 33-a, if I can recall. But I rarely give them out as a school overseer. The school was my favorite part of the infamous 5 meetings.

Peace -LL :)

• copsec
    copsec

I don't really remember, I have blocked those years from my mind!

• desib77
    desib77
    i actually got a "w" because i wore slip on shoes.....

for wearing slip on shoes???? Desi

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I got a "W" once in my entire talk "career."

The TMS overseer's heretofore referenced as Bro. McDuff) wife and my mom (PO's wife) were feuding. My dad was acting as TMS overseer one Thursday while Bro. McDuff was at Bethel for a temporary assignment. Bro. McDuff's son was giving the Bible reading, and obviously need to work on something. So my dad gave him a "W" on whatever it was. Keep in mind that my dad is known thoughout Northern California, Southern California, and New Mexico as being impartial and fair.

When Bro. McDuff got back from his temp assigment, I was asigned to give a No. 5 talk. Now, I had been giving talks since I was about seven (I was 17 at this time). I had gotten an A+ in Speech that same year in high school. I gave what I viewed as a very good talk, and infact nailed my TMS Guidebook point (Emphasis and Gestures). Well, Bro. McDuff gave me a "W". I was, to say the least, irritated.

That night on the way home I told my dad that the only reason I got a "W" was because he (dad) had given "Snotty" McDuff a "W" previously. He said that may have been true, and then asked me what I wanted to do about it. I said that him (dad) and I should go visit Bro. McDuff, and explain our side, and then ask him that at the next TMS he publicly change my grade from a "W" to a "G". My dad said that having him do that publiclly was not right. I countered that since Bro. McDuff had injured me publiccly, and he should make ammends publicly. My dad still said no to that idea.

I couple of days later, my dad came into my room and gave me a "revised" copy of my TMS sheet, with the "Emphasis and Gestures" covered with White-out and a "G" where the "W" was. He said my congregation copy had been fixed also. I just looked at my dad, and asked, "Why is it that we have to get walked all over on, and other Elders and their families can do whatever they want, and get off scott-free?" To which my dad said, "Sometimes it's better to be injured and right, than to be wrong and well." To this day, I can't figure out what he meant.

LABD

• Farkel
    Farkel

When I started in the school "W" did not stand for "needs work", but for "weak." I'm sure it really made people feel good to be told they were "weak" in this or that. I ran the second KMS about two years before I faded, and gave a few "W's" out, but only if the students were so crappy, to do otherwise would give no meaning to the purpose of the school in the first place.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit