Greetings

by DireStraitJacket 29 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

Welcome DireStaitJacket! Discovering this forum is better than finding gold. I guess congratulations are in order, because you found a way out of the WTS' web of lies and deception. The people on this forum will answer any question you have and support you through whatever comes your way.

• stichione
    stichione

Welcome DSJ,

I hope you find all the information you need in the forum.

• exjdub
    exjdub

Welcome DireStraitJacket! After you sign in a few times that guilty feeling goes away rather quickly.

exjdub

• Fleur
    Fleur

welcome! oh, do i remember that feeling. i'd been out of the org 2 years when i visited my first exjw related forum...thought the first few times for sure that demons would jump out of the computer lol. but you will get used to it, to us, and learn a lot here.

especially from those you find you disagree with. that's what i've found, in 4 years on and off these types of boards.

happy to have you with us.

:)

~fleur

• codeblue
    codeblue

welcome!! oops...I welcomed you twice!!!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Strawberry

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, DSJ and CLV! You are very welcome here and we look forward to getting to know you. It IS pretty shocking to see the Society for what it really is, but there is a life of glorious freedom on the other side of your anxieties.

Happy reading!

Nina

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

Thanks for the all the greetings, from everyone. Returning the hug to ((granny)) :) Crooked Lumpy Vessel > about banning religion, the letter was sent by some anti organised religion group, if I remember correctly. Don't take it to seriously, apparently anyone can send a proposal to the UN, regarding anything, I don't think there is much chance of them even looking @ it.. the newbie thread is execellent, theres almost way too much info there, but I'm getting through it slowly. Nosferatu, I left for several reasons, lifestyle being on of them. I kind of stopped believing in most of it. I would sit at meetings trying not to burst out laughing at some things, wondering how other people could believe the crap that was being spewed out at them, and then getting angry at the demands they were making, about spending every second of your life devoted to Jehovah. Avoiding worldly association etc. I was sent to an all boys school, to avoid 'temptation'. The only all boy's school in my area happened to be strong sporting school, but I wasn't allowed to take part in sport.. it was like spray painting an 'easy target' sign on my back, I was open for ridicule from all angles. The geek who couldn't play sport for religious reasons. I thought that there was no way I could go through life like this, being abnormal and trying not to fit in, yet really wanting to. So I decided I wasn't going to take part in anything to do with jw any more. My mother still doesn't understand it, how 'overnight' I stopped believing in Jehovah, the organisation, armagedon, god, religion. I had no 'bad association', because I had no friends, so it couldn't be that. She blamed my father, but I only saw him twice a year back then, so it wasn't that either. I tried explaining the term 'think for yourself' to her. The concept of questioning things before believing them. I still have the jw mentality of simply believing things some people tell me, and a couple of days later thinking, hold on, that was a load of elephant shit. uhm, yeah Obviously Secret, yeah my mild interest is growing into an obsession, I love the stuff. I'm slowly increasing my collection.. I love Ninja Scroll!! Speak to you soon DS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the board DSJ

The scary thing was how despite being 'out of the truth' for a couple of years, I still felt guilty the first few times I came here

That's pretty good actually. It took me 28 years of being out to wake up, so count yourself lucky (or me stupid)

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Welcome, welcome, welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit