Greetings

by DireStraitJacket 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Welcome Aboard. I have been inactive since November. I did go to a handful of meetings between December and January and the Memorial. It feels good to talk among friends who have expereinced the same beatings. I am not saying that everything I learned was trash...but the way I was treated was like trash.

I have also learned a lot about things here that I was not suppose to know about I guess. I spoke to my younger baptized sister about the UN thing and when I came home today there was a message on my answering machine, she said that she thought it might be a hoax but she would look into it further. When I called her back, she said "never mind...I found it on the UN site". She said she was going to put it in her bookbag and do her own research. But she also mentioned something else pretty interesting.

Apparently in her hall a brother received an email from another brother who received it from another brother etc. etc. etc. Basically a letter that is going around the hall stating that an unidentifed group has made a suggestion to the UN to ban religion. My sister wrote a letter to the UN to check out its validity. I told her not to hold her breath. Its like trying to call the President and have him call you back. (Not in a million years unless your name is Dick Cheny) Anyway, I laughed and told her "wouldnt it be funny if the unidentied organization was the Watchtower (a.k.a some other name) trying to force their prophecy?" She gotta laugh too.

Anyway, welcome.

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome!!!! Glad you are here.

Have you seen our newbie thread? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

bebu

Hey crooked, that was a great conversation with your sis. Let us know if she begins to see the light

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard! I left when I was 18 also. I just didn't want to live the lifestyle of a JW. I'm just wondering, how come you left?

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome to the both of you...including Crooked.

Yes, it took me about 5 years to get that nasty little JW Demon out of the back of my head. We will survive.

Hope to hear more from the both of you!

Bryan

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Welcome direstraits. hope to hear more of your life as a JW. You know all the juicy stuff. We are a good bunch of folks and friends ready willing and able to assist at any given moment.

Orangefatcat.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Hi SB - glad your journey has brought you here. You will enjoy your stay and meet many new friends who have lived a life similar. I really enjoyed your profile and how nicely you expressed your true thoughts and feelings. Isn't it wonderful to do that for a change?? My family looks forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts.

4JWY

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Hiya and Welcome to the JWD.

Just wondering, are you into anime?

• codeblue
    codeblue

WELCOME!!!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

welcome to the forum apostates are wonderful loving people and its unconditional

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome DSJ!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit