Any of you worked for Primerica? My experience at their "seminar."

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

Dont worry been there you have insurance--term, not cash value

Primerica, in one word is EVIL!!!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sounds like Blondie hit the nail on the head: it is a business cult.

I was interested about a year ago...but I sensed it was a pyrmid scheme....

• truman
    truman

I have to say something in defense of Primerica!! They got me out of 'the troof'. My JW son had been approached by them and was interested, so I got him on the internet and we began researching this company along with general info on MLM companies.

Next thing you know, we ran across a web page discussing another MLM, Amway, and it also mentioned the Watchtower Society. It referred to them both as BORG, and Star Trek fans that we are, we immediately got the inference.

Well-taught little JW that he is, thanks to me, he didn't want to look any further in that direction, but It rattled around in my mind for a couple of days, and I finally went looking into it to see what it had to say.

I found my way to freeminds.org, and the rest is history. I am now a happy exjw, and it is all thanks to Primerica. Unfortunately, my son is still stuck in JW land, though I did steer him away from MLM involvement.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Primerica is a very decietful company and they wanted my wife to come for an interview for a district manager position, when we arrived there I saw through it for what it was, Just another sham. The guy who was interviewing my wife was quite uncomfortable to the fact that I could smell a rat, they are somewhat like a cult and I bet it amazes them that there are people smart enough to see through their deceptions, I guess that was one positive thing I learned from being a witness- how to spot coercive and manipulative organizations for what they are

Dave

• Larry
    Larry

Primerica is a business cult hands down! Unfortunately I was suckered in for a minute, but quickly realize the simuilarity of a cult, and headed for the hills. Primerica, Quickstar, Amway all the same. There are tons of info on the net about those MLM traps. I usually don't give advice, but please don't do it.

Peace - LL. :)

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

A couple of years ago, after being laid off, I went to a job fair sponsored by one of the local radio stations. One of the booths there was Primerica. I talked to the guy and he seemed nice. He said they would be conducting interviews over the next few evenings and to sign up for one. Not knowing anything about the company (other than what he told me) I did it.

However, thankfully... I knew the person manning one of the other booths and she "expedited" the hiring process so I got a real job and it was never a necessity to even check out Primerica. BUT... over the next month they called me two and three times a day. They even came by my house a few times. I remember thinking, while hiding and looking out the blinds, "these guys are worse than the witnesses!" That was enough for me to never even consider them again.

Country

• Odrade
    Odrade

I got suckered into one of these pyramid things a number of years back when I was single, really struggling financially and also having a hard time keeping up with meetings/service all that. The Sucker-er was an elder and his well-known sons. They knew very well how strapped I was, and they still strongly "encouraged" me to take out a loan to get involved. I don't know who ended up profitting from my money, but I got a little book in the mail and some tapes, and if I remember correctly it cost me about $1200. Man, when I get suckered, I get suckered big. I never saw one single dime back, and when the AG office went ape on this "company, I never got a single apology, even though at that time I was still making payments on the loan I took out to hand over to them.

Oh well, won't ever let that happen again. Too bad I couldn't have been suckered for like $159 or something. Bastards. Stupid me.

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit