Newbie here

by godlike 26 Replies latest jw friends

• godlike
    godlike

to this forum at least. I noticed a couple others posting newbie threads so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon.

I don't have a great story or tale for you all, I just walked away. Don't know what the elders told the rest of the herd.

Well anyway, hello. :)

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

Welcome godlike,

Well done for walking away

YOUR LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!

Enlighted UK

Enjoy your life, it is the only one you'll have

• godlike
    godlike

Thanks EUK, I'm still trying to figure out what all these little buttons do. :)

I've actually been out for... damn, 8 years now. I have no regrets... I know some of the members here from a xJW website and thought I'd check this one out.

Anyway thank you for the welcome.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello godlike

Good for you for 'walking' and not caring what the 'herd' thinks. Welcome to the forum.

• riz
    riz

Hi godlike,

I walked five years ago. It is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Don't know what the elders told the rest of the herd.

The herd. That's classic. I can tell we will get along. Welcome to our happy family.

Grab a Guinness and pull up a chair.

riz

• JT
    JT

godlike says

I don't have a great story or tale for you all

####### that is not true anyone who has survived and been able to leave a High Control group has a story

SO GIVE IT UP we are listening

smile

james

• Hojon
    Hojon

Hey Cor...er godlike-

I know you. :)

Fairly new here myself.

• godlike
    godlike

lol Hojon... it's been a long time eh?

JT actually my story isn't all that great. Born and raised in this cult. I always had doubts and both my brother and sister had been out for years, so I had back up. After I left, my mother chose the path of enlightenment :) and left the evil borg. Haven't looked back and enjoyed my life since then. I've been hanging out over at another board for the past year or so and decided to come over and check this one out.

Looking forward to visiting this place more often. Cheers! :)

• godlike
    godlike

Thanks Zazu and riz, its nice to be around others that have shared your experiences.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board GL and Craig!! Hope to get to know you better.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit