by Steve Lowry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I'm so sorry,

My heart goes out to you.

-Doodle-V

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

..I'm so very sorry to hear of your friend's death. Unfortunately, there are usually never any suitable "reasons" or "answers" for those of us left behind, as to why someone takes their own life.

I'm very familiar with suicide, as it has personally affected me...and not just once. It leaves such an emptiness and it takes a long time to get past the haunting of all of it. They always say that a person who takes their own life has reached the point where they are hurting so badly inside, that to die is just a way for them to "stop the pain". They can see no other way "out". It is a decision they reach, and once reached, they will usually succeed. In turn, we are left wondering if there was something we could have done.

Please know, that rarely is there something that we could have done to prevent it. Sometimes we can "temporarily" save them; but they usually end up doing it anyway.

I know this hurts terribly. Such a shame he left two boys without a dad.

/<

• desib77
    desib77

((((Steve))))

I'm so sorry for your loss....and for his family.

Desi

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

I experienced something similar some years ago. I don't know you and even if I did, I cannot say "I know how you feel", But I know a few things for sure: It doesn't feel good and it takes a while to process the meaning of it all. Life and Death. Such a delicate balance between the two and so much not understood. With the support of your friends and family, may you reach the place inside you that you need to be at the time you need to be there.

• Swan
    Swan

My sincere condolences Steve. This happened to my college professor and my attorney. It always leaves so many questions unanswered.

Tammy

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Again, thank you everyone for the thoughtful and loving responses to this thread. Friday is the funeral and I'm not looking forward to it. It wouldn't be so bad, but because of the boys, it will be difficult to get through. I am a father myself, so it's gonna be a tough situation. But I have to go, and I will go.

Steve

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Steve, it's the most horrible feeling in the world.........cuz you wonder if there were something you could have done...........my girlfriend's mom committed suicide on Mother's Day. She's over the first shock wave, but, is in therapy and plans on going to visit her sister in Germany, where her mother was living also. They plan on doing a car trip down memory lane type thing..........my heart goes out to them, and to you..........

Hugs,

Terri

• exjdub
    exjdub

I am truly sorry Steve. What unimaginable pain Robert's boys must be going through. My thoughts are with you and them. Warmest regards.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit