My friend and co-worker dead.

by Steve Lowry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

His name was Robert Thigpin and I worked with him for eight years (1990-1998). Last night he killed himself. Don't know how. Don't know why.

While we didn't always see things eye to eye, I could always count on him and he was a good co-worker. He leaves behind two little boys, ages fourteen and eleven.

Robert, I don't know what your demons were buddy, but I hope you are at peace now, my friend.

Steve . . .

• avishai
    avishai

((((Steve Lowry)))))

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Oh Steve (((((Steve))))) Big hugs to you. It's a terrible terrible thing when someone feels the need to end their life. I look at it as someone who was dying of a long term illness. You have a good outlook on it. He isnt suffering anymore.

• Special K
    Special K

Sorry to hear that Steve

((( Steve )))

sometimes life just seems unbearable and one can't seem to see a way through things.

Too bad he didn't get the help he needed in time.

sincerely

Special K

• kls
    kls

I am mad and sick to my stomach. My dad killed himself and to this day it makes me mad. You never know why and you always think what if's. I am so deeply sorry to all , it is a hard memory to live with for you and the family.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Damn, man. I hope his demons & yours are all soon in the past. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm just sorry (((Steeve))) ...
    Take care

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

What a shock. I had something similar happen years ago. A few weeks down the road we found out the reasons why. I guess a person gets to the point that they can't see any other option, when in reality NOTHING is as bad as it ever seems, only our perception. Take care Steve .... sorry for your loss.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Heartfelt condolences Steve...

The loneliness one can feel even amongst relatives and friends is hard to figure out sometimes...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Steve)))) I'm so sorry to hear that. You are so kind to not judge the man for doing it. So many say that suicide is an act of selfishness. When you struggle with depression that badly, it's not an act of selfishness. It's an act of not having the tools to deal with things any other way. I understand it all too well.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit