I am new to the board

by Pinned Blouse 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Wrongly disfellowshipped, huh? Gee, you're going to have a hard time finding anything in common with the people here... NOT!

Welcome!

Tammy

• desib77
    desib77

Welcome, great to have you here....

Desi

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Welcome pinned blouse,

I love your name and think it could be symbolic of the whole watchtower experience of women in the Org. Great title for a book on women exiting the WT--or maybe now we could call it "Unpinned Blouse" as we are revealing ourselves here in ways we did not when we were in the Org. (I am talking mentally here--ha--ha)

will look forward to hearing you more,

Love,

cybs

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Pinned,

There is a meetup at Mozart's Cafe/Restaurant, the first Saturday of every month (this Saturday for the June get-together). Mozarts is on Indianola Avenue, just south of Morse Rd. (take 71 to Morse Rd exit, go west on Morse about one light, then go south on Indianola less than 1/2 mile.

There is also a group that usually gets together the 3rd Sunday of each month. It was started by Cal Lehman, a former elder in Clintonville Congregation. He has a website --- www.towerwatch.com. (check it out :-)) Those get togethers are very informal, very relaxed, and lots of fun. Usually we all pitch in for pizza. No dogma or secret handshakes required. Just a social time. My wife and I, as well as our two boys always have a good time. We meet in private homes -- either the Lehmans or my home. Details for the June get together have yet to be determined.

Hope you can make it to either or both! Let me know if you have any questions.

EyeDrEvil

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Pinned,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Keep on posting and keep in the dialog. We are all pulling for ya!

EyeDrEvil

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Thank you guys for all your words of encouragement. I made the arrangements today for my brother. He was 36, someone punched him during an argument over the weekend and he hit his head on a wall and an aneurysm burst in is head and he died instantly. So sad. I am heartbroken. We did donate his organs. OK I need to smile :-)

What did you guys do when you were bored during the meetings?

I had kids so I could use them to get distracted for mny reasons. I also daydreamed a lot. I mentally wrote 23 novels. (Yet to be published) LOL Let see.. I also faked an illness once. I felt bad about that one though because I had to lie later about symptoms.... I mentally disrobed various speakers....

Anyone?

• Ciara
    Ciara
    I mentally disrobed various speakers....

ICK!!!! Disrobing the brothers in my old congregation, even mentally, is enough to make you want to vomit hard.

Welcome to the forum. There are some really cool people here. Sorry to hear about your brother.

Ciara

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Ciara,

I didn't say that I enjoyed it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit