The Governing Body - Invisible and Impersonal

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There used to be a time when one knew who the president of the Watchtower Society was, and with that in mind, one could sense some kind of leadership. Perhaps witnesses then, felt that "the Society" was keeping up with Jehovah's celestial chariot. Maybe you felt in the 80s and 90s that you had to keep "in step with Jehovah's organization" because it was making bigger steps each year - and with each new release, maybe you felt "privileged" to be a part of the "spiritual paradise."

Those days are gone. With the members of the governing body all resigning from their postions as directors, and of course, the president himself, very little is known about these aged men, the oldest being almost 100.

Much is spoken about them, in roundabout terms - you hear, "the governing body," and "the faithful slave", yet you may never ever meet one of these individuals in your life - much less read their life story.

Their personal lives and there thoughts are relatively unknown - save for those few that have worked with them in Bethel or on other occasions.

The few old gentocrats that control the lives of 6.5 million witnesses are largely unknown, and therefore impersonal.

Not only are they impersonal (except for their brief letter in the yearbook and daystext), they are also invisible. Scarecly does one find a photograph of any of them - much less all of them.

I believe that one of the very few photo's of all of them, and certainly not together, is in the Kingdom Proclaimers book, released in 1993.

Impersonal they are, invisible they are. If anyone's presence was invisible, it had to be theirs, and even before 1914.

If anyone can shed recent light on this mysterious group of old men, who rarely speak in public (except at conventions) and are rarely, if ever seen on field service, this would be news indeed.

• wokeup
    wokeup

The organizations' leadership has for decades cultivated and carefully perpetuated the notion that their conjecture and speculation on the scriptures is Jehovah himself revealing his will to the party faithful. .

Their power comes from the perception by the R/F that governing body/faithful slave = Jehovah. It's not them speaking but God .

Group photos of old men bent over and in wheelchairs would shatter the aura and mystery associated with the ' faithful slave'. Owning up to the authorship of their articles by signing their names as one would find in other literary works would do much to shatter the image they have so long cultivated.

Allen

• tarzan
    tarzan

Try this site mister. http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gb.htm

hug !

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Tarzan, thanks for the link.

So when did the 1935 cut-off for FDS eligibility get thrown out? Probably when the GB was dying off from old age, and "new light" had to be found.

What a crock!

P.S. Who knew they finally had a "brotha" in the inner circle??? First one ever, I imagine. Kind of like the racial elitism the Mormons had and still have...

EyeDrEvil

• Farkel
    Farkel

That site is a bit outdated. Karl ("Braindead") Klein is now dead. Didn't Henschel also die recently?

Farkel

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Current List of Watch Tower Society Officers as of 1/22/04

Governing body members

John Barr
    Carey Barber
    Samuel Herd
    Theodore Jaracz
    Steven Lett
    Gerrit Lösch
    Guy Pierce
    Albert Schroeder
    David Splane
    Daniel Sydlik

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)
    President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)
    President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President William L. Van De Wall
    Vice Presidents Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr.
    Secretary/Treasurer William H. Nonkes
    Directors Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel

Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President Patrick J. LaFranca
    Vice Presidents Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls
    Secretary/Treasurer Joseph D. Mercante
    Directors Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr.

Kingdom Support Services, Inc. (Incorporated 2000)
    President Harold L. Corkern
    Vice Presidents Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler
    Secretary/Treasurer Alexander W. Reinmueller
    Directors James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Incorporated 1955)
    President Charles V. Molohan
    Vice Presidents James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown
    Secretary/Treasurer Alan K. Flowers
    Directors Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc. (Incorporated 1986)
    President Leonard R. Pearson
    Vice Presidents Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot
    Secretary/Treasurer Mark L. Questell
    Directors Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs

Valley Farms Corporation (Incorporated 1987)
    President Charles J. Rice
    Vice Presidents Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains
    Secretary/Treasurer Albert L. Harrell
    Directors John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis

Read the new article, "All About the Governing Body"

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org/history/listofgbmembers.htm

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Where would any billion dollar empire be without their LAWYERS ?

PUBLIC INFORMATION FROM NEW YORK RECORDS: [Incomplete listing]

Lead lawyer for the WTS is; Philip Brumley Registration Number New york registry: 2224871 PHILIP BRUMLEY WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK INC. 25 COLUMBIA HTS BROOKLYN NY 11201 (718) 560-5400

Office; ----- Philip Brumley born 1956, Firm: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, Inc.---- Address: 100 Watchtower Dr Patterson, NY 12563-9204 --- Phone: (845) 306-1000 --- Fax: (845) 306-0709 --- Associates: Legal Department Personnel, Patterson, NY (Incomplete) Philip Brumley:( Coordinator ) Gregory Olds, Don Ridley, Carolyn Wah, Charles Creger, Joseph Jandrokovic,

Some other names besides Paul Polidoro

Mario Moreno

http://www.jttuki.info/paducahsun280201

Philip Brumley

http://pview.findlaw.com/view/1804967_1

W. Glen How (Canada)

http://www.watchtowernews.org/glenhow.htm

Bruce Malonee

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=8453

Carolyn Wah

http://www3.uj.edu.pl/confer/columbia98/bios.html

MORE:WHO is Phillip Brumley? How many Lawyers does a 'non prophet' corporation need ?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    My dad use to reminisce of the 'old days' when (Godfather)Nathan Knorr would show in a stretched Limo(Mafia staff car) accompanied by 'bodyguards'.{ good fellas } Edited regarding the 'stretch limo'.my dad said the 'creme puff' was a perk 'donated' by a wealthy dub.Whenever the WT elite had anything luxurious it was always 'donated'.I say,what about the ornate Stanley theater( Saddam's palace ) was that also donated? Would Jesus preach in the Stanley theater??
  • Stradman
    Stradman

Greetings and salutations to all!

This is my first intervention in this venue, although for years I have read the postings, and would like to express my experience with some of these self-proclaimed ?brothers of Jesus.? As far as I am concern, most are, at best, distant acquaintances of The Man.

In the mid-eighties I was invited to Brooklyn and had the ?privilage? of being assigned to a GB table in the dining room. On a weekley basis, all with the exception of John Booth and Fred Franz (both to frail to commute to the dining rooms twice a day), I met them all and had some ?lively? exchanges with Milton Henschel and Ted Jaracz. Booth very short tempered, easily irritated.

When I arrived at Bethel, Leo Greenless was missing. I had met the man five months before and now nobody could give me a straight answer as to the reasons why he was gone. Upon pressing an old friend, I was told he had done ?something very bad? and was asked to leave. Leo was a very gentile, almost venerable, old man. My wife described him as ?sweet.? Years later, after reading Jim Penton?s book, a clue as to his disappearance surfaced.

George Gangas, was very childish (at eighty something!) in his Society and Bible trivia games. He was always quizzing bethelites on the daily text and definitions such as ?What is the Spiritual Paradise?? His prayers were lengthy, stereotyped and what I called ?Satan slandering? was always prominent in his Greek accented language.

Sidlyk and Swingle, in my opinion, were the most credible of the group, in terms of being real. Albert Schroeder was nice, but cautious. The other older folks, Barr, Barber, Klein, etc., were pleasantly vague in their comments.

I left Bethel a year later a changed man. Besides the opportunity of having met some genuine dedicated men and women, truly loving servants, my interaction with the GB was disappointing. I expected more from these men. Perhaps as a result of all the years of self-exaltation in the pages of the Watch Tower literature.

Stradman

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I noticed that John Wischuk is one of the directors of the Pennsylvanian Corp. He was one of those assigned with the Aid-book-project and worked together with Ray Franz and Reinhard Legtat. Together with Lyman Swingle who was responsible for the project he stayed in the Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit