kerry sucks

by kilroy2 27 Replies latest social current

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

""I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did," Kerry told the youth-oriented magazine.

This seems like a good explanation.

Kerry may not be the best choice, but Bush's theocratic agenda is downright scary (anyone watch "The Jesus Factor"?). After dealing with the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, I am very, very wary of anyone who claims that God has sent them on a mission.Not to mention very, very wary of anyone who proposes an amendment that denies anyone their civil liberties.

• Richie
    Richie

SNG:

This was a prayer from President Roosevelt: (scary? I think not!!!)

Almighty God,
    Our sons, pride of our Nation,
    This day have set upon a mighty endeavor;
    a struggle to preserve our republic, our religion,
    and our civilization,
    and to set free a suffering humanity...

They fight to end conquest...
    They fight to liberate...
    They yearn but for the end of battle,
    for their return to the haven of home.

Success may not come with rushing speed,
    but we shall return again and again;
    and we know by Thy grace, and the righteousness
    of our cause, our sons will triumph.
    Thy will be done, Almighty God, Amen.
    --President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

These are words from President Bush on the importance of authentic faith: (scary?, I think not!!!)

I think a person's faith helps keep perspective in the midst of noise, pressure, sound--all the stuff that goes on in Washington. A person's faith helps you keep vision. As a matter of fact, helps clear your vision--is a vision. It is one of the prayers I ask is that God's light shines through me as best as possible, no matter how opaque the window.

I'm in a world of, sometimes a world of fakery, and obfuscation, political back shots, and so I'm very mindful about the proper use of faith in this process. And you can't fake your faith, nor can you use your faith as a shallow attempt to garner votes, otherwise you will receive the ultimate condemnation. And therefore, the best way for faith to operate in somebody is, as I said, to let the light shine as opposed to trying to defend or alter or get my job mixed up with a preacher's job.

And the only way you can do that is just be yourself, without crossing any lines of politics and religion. Separation of church and state [is] important in America. And by that I mean the people of faith should participate in the state, and there's a difference.

--George W. Bush in Christianity Today, May 28, 2004

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Kerry may not be the best choice, but Bush's theocratic agenda is downright scary

BAH-LONEY! This is what the doom-and-gloom crowd were saying 4 years ago. What "thocratically" speaking is Bush going to do different the next four years if elected than he did the last? Relax, Bush was never in a cult.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Kerry may not be the best choice, but Bush's theocratic agenda is downright scary

I don't get this when people are spout it off.

If Pres. Bush was so theocratic, and thinking he is doing the work of God, or what ever the dems. want to say....

He would have abolished abortion already.

He would not alow ANY stem-cell research.

He would have demanded the 10 cammandments stay in the courthouse.

He would be calling Osama the ANTI-CHRIST.

As well there would be no axes-of-evil, they would all be called Sodom and Gamoras.

He is a man with a strong belief in God, but I do not see him imposing it on anyone.

Bryan

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't get this when people are spout it off.

If Pres. Bush was so theocratic, and thinking he is doing the work of God, or what ever the dems. want to say....

He would have abolished abortion already.

He would not alow ANY stem-cell research.

He would have demanded the 10 cammandments stay in the courthouse.

He would be calling Osama the ANTI-CHRIST.

As well there would be no axes-of-evil, they would all be called Sodom and Gamoras.

He is a man with a strong belief in God, but I do not see him imposing it on anyone.

Bryan

I don't get why you'd say that Bryan. Is it really either/or? Are you saying he can't be dangerously religous w/o making it glaringly obvious even to people blinded by love for him? Are you saying "all of the above is true, or else he's a great president w/ no religious whackiness"?

Are you saying that he could have done all those things if he wanted to?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    300 million Americans, and the best system available makes you choose between only two parties? I thought the logical falacy of false dichotomy was reserved for religous cults!

We can't have progress happen too fast now, can we? The 2 party idea has proven an effective way to keep things as they are. Neither "side" does much good and they leave social problems for religion to try to fix. I hate to be a negative complainer, but from where I stand, the US needs to wake up to reality or it could potentially face an embarrassing decline. The question is when will they see that focusing on money & power at the expense of everything else is not going to work in the long run?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Kerry may not be the best choice, but Bush's theocratic agenda is downright scary (anyone watch "The Jesus Factor"?). After dealing with the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, I am very, very wary of anyone who claims that God has sent them on a mission.Not to mention very, very wary of anyone who proposes an amendment that denies anyone their civil liberties.

If you really thought anybody's Theocratic agenda is scary, just look at the Jesus freak and look at our enemy. His brand of Christianity is benign vs the Islamist agenda. I'm not a fan of his Religion nor of his references to religion (Which only means he believes in something that's different from me, doesn't make him evil or wicked, just makes him different.), but his idea of "The Almighty" is alot different from the Islamist idea of the "Almighty".

And BTW, his Christian agenda is nothing like the JW's Christian agenda. He actually wants to help people using Christianity. Granted, it won't work, but it's still, nothing like the JW's idea of Christianity.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    We can't have progress happen too fast now, can we? The 2 party idea has proven an effective way to keep things as they are. Neither "side" does much good and they leave social problems for religion to try to fix. I hate to be a negative complainer, but from where I stand, the US needs to wake up to reality or it could potentially face an embarrassing decline. The question is when will they see that focusing on money & power at the expense of everything else is not going to work in the long run?

Stop complaining and vote 3rd party. It's time we give a 3rd party some power.

www.lp.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit