kerry sucks

by kilroy2 27 Replies latest social current

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

well lets look at the other side.

Kerry said he voted for the war just before he voted against it, and acted like this was a smart statment. huh

"God, they're doing the work of the Republican National Committee" Sen John Kerry, ripping off the microphone after his interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson on Good Morning America, after Gibson grilled Kerry about his shifting 'Medal Throwing' stories

( 4/26/2004 ) "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals," Kerry said in an interview on a Washington, D.C., news program on WRC-TV called Viewpoints on Nov. 6, 1971, according to a tape obtained by ABCNEWS. Throughout his presidential campaign, Kerry has denied that he threw away any of his medals during an anti-war protest in April 1971. Calling it a "phony controversy" instigated by the Republican party, Kerry said on Good Morning America today that he has always accurately said what took place. "I threw my ribbons. I didn't have my medals. It is very simple." He also said he ? and the military ? didn't make a distinction between medals and ribbons. "We threw away the symbols of what our country gave us for what we had gone through," he said. And in an interview with ABCNEWS' Peter Jennings last December, he said it was a "myth."

4/8/2004 ) Trying to portray himself as a fiscal conservative, in contrast with spend-crazy President Bush, the Massachusetts Democrat vowed he would not let federal programs outside of security and education grow beyond the rate of inflation, even if that meant cutting government "services" and his own campaign pledges. "When I say a cap on spending, I mean it," Kerry said in a speech at Georgetown University. "We will have to make real choices, and that includes priorities of my own." Among his proposals he mentioned having to "slow down": plans for nursery school - oops, "early childhood education" - and provision of college tuition in exchange for two years of national "service." He gave no details about the cuts.

( 4/7/2004 ) In an interview broadcast Wednesday morning, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry defended terrorist Shiite imam Muqtada al-Sadr as a "legitimate voice" in Iraq, despite that fact that he's led an uprising that has killed nearly 20 American GIs in the last two days. Speaking of al-Sadr's newspaper, which was shut down by coalition forces last week after it urged violence against U.S. troops, Kerry complained to National Public Radio, "They shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq." In the next breath, however, the White House hopeful caught himself and quickly changed direction. "Well, let me ... change the term 'legitimate.' It belongs to a voice ? because he has clearly taken on a far more radical tone in recent days and aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment."

( 12/7/2003 ) Struggling 2004 Democratic wannabe John Kerry fires an X-rated attack at President Bush over Iraq and uses the f-word - highly unusual language for a presidential contender - in a stunning new interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Sen. Kerry (Mass.) used the undeleted expletive to express his frustration and anger over how the Iraq issue has hurt him because he voted for the war resolution while Democratic front-runner Howard Dean has soared by opposing it. "I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did," Kerry told the youth-oriented magazine.

Early on in his campaign, John Kerry granted an interview to Rolling Stone magazine. Using the "F" word with all the grace and dignity the American listener can stomach, Kerry repeatedly cursed the very policy of holding Iraq accountable ? that he had voted for. This flip-floppery continues to this day as is so well captured by Bush campaign commercials.

But the nation was patient and generous. Perhaps after we got to see his "softer side," we would be able to like him personally.

Then he went on his ski vacation and so memorably cursed out the Secret Service agent who was there to take a bullet on his behalf. The reason? Simply because the senator ran into him and got a bit of snow on himself. OK ... scratch personal likeability off the list.

This was followed by his invention of a group of international leaders who looked him in the imaginary eye and told him in his imaginary ear that he "must win this thing." An easily provable false claim that he continues to repeat even as recently as this past Sunday.

this is why I think kerry and the katsuop (edited) will loose the election. they are liars and only are intrested in raw power.

you may not agree with bush but at least he is what you see ie real

kerry does not now and never can understand the common man.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

one thing is forsure, if you dont like where kerry stands on an issue just wait five min.

• patio34
    patio34

Well, it's like that with voting lawmakers. There are many aspects to a bill that goes before the Senate and at times there are unacceptable factors added in, requiring a negative vote. At other times, the unacceptable factor is removed and the legislator votes yes. The bills are very complicated and include many items and can be amended the way I understand it.

Therefore, just to look at the voting record without all the factors that went into it, it may look like vascillating, but it is not.

It's also the reason why Senators rarely win the presidency, because the voting public doesn't understand why there is apparent vascillation and the other side attacks it in blurbs without telling the whole story. And the attacks come so rapidly, it can keep the Senator on the defensive.

I hope the American public becomes aware of that fact about being in Congress.

Pat

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

See, that wasn't so hard was it? It was not about censorship or freedom of speech; it was about thread hijacking. That being said...

I have to agree. I don't get Kerry, either. In this year's election, the Repubs have a sitting president that is as vulnerable as W. is and the best the Dems can do is Kerry? I'm worried W. might actually get re-elected. I hope Kerry chooses a great running mate. (I'm wishing, foolishly I know, for John McCain.) Sigh.

Country of the "Not Happy With Either Choice" Class

• blondie
    blondie

I like John McCain too, but I suppose Bush is locked in as the candidate

Blondie

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Heck, McCain as president would be better. But, I'm foolishly wishing for Kerry to pick him as his running mate. There's just something about Kerry I can't put my finger on.

• avishai
    avishai

Kerry and bush both suck

• Elsewhere
  • freedom96
    freedom96

I can't imagine listening to Kerry talk for the next 4 years. Booooooring........

Not to mention his politics.

• Quotes
    Quotes

300 million Americans, and the best system available makes you choose between only two parties? I thought the logical falacy of false dichotomy was reserved for religous cults!

To add a dimension to tradionally unidimensial (left vs. right) politics, check out http://www.politicalcompass.org. Interesting! It has a test to classify you (I am a -4, -5: Med Left (economically) and mid lower (libertarian).

Although Kerry is not in the same quadrant as me, he is closer to me than "W". Besides, "W" uses his imaginary friend in the sky to set agenda & policy. Now that is scary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit