Guards at Stadium Conventions during Song and Prayer

by VM44 40 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Just making suggestions for the other gender; I already have a mustache, I shave it off, it is too "attention-getting."

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Blondie,

Also, this occurred to me, are you sure they are security and not just attendants looking for empty seats. Some facilities are extremely crowded and they may be people looking for seats.

oh, no, they are NOT looking for seats. I should describe what I saw in more detail.

The Qualcomm Stadium (used to be Jack Murphy Stadium) in San Diego is a open baseball stadium with several levels. Right before the song and prayer at the conventions, scores of these "watchers" would take their positions .On the level I was at, they took up position before the first row of seats, each watcher spaced himself from another by about 20 feet or so. (to cover the whole facility, there has to be quite a few of them!). They would face towards the seats, and scan throughout the song and prayer. After the prayer, they would go away. This was done when the convention started in the morning, and repeated at lunch time, and at the when the convention ended at the end of the day.

There must have been something really big that happened once, perhaps some group of people put up a banner in the stands during the prayer? That would be something to note!

But Blondie is right about any demonstrations within the convention, most JWs would just put it down to "persecution." Just more proof that they are right.

--VM44

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Maybe they are counting how many people are there?

• blondie
    blondie

VM44, sometimes they get alerts that there will be certain known "troublemakers" that will be attending or as you say something may have already occurred outside the facility. For the most part, what could they do if they don't know what the person looks like, they are dressed like any other JW, and they don't act out? Man, someone could come in with an assault rife broken down and hidden in one of those humungous book bags some brothers carry, have it out, assembled and spraying bullets before they knew it. I doubt any of those brothers would be jumping on him to save the crowd.

I worked in law enforcement for 8 years, the ones that provided security to the JW assemblies in this area for years. They thought the JW security people were a joke, legends in their own minds telling these officers how to do their jobs.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

Here is the Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium:

alt

Interesting fact, this stadium in San Diego is very close to where the house, Beth Shan, used to be!

That house, like Beth Sarim, was deeded to the WTSand even had a bomb shelter! It was to be a place of protection during WWII, just in case the U.S. was invaded.

The existence of Beth Shan was kept secret, so much so, that the Watchtower even once published a statement once there was no such place, and for the WItnesses to keep preaching and not to continue to spread rumors that the Society was building a "place of safety" in San Diego!

After Rutherford died, the Society even suggested he be buried at Beth Shan!!!!

Think of it! The stadium might have been named "The Joseph F. Rutherford Memorial Baseball Stadium"!!!

The mind boggles at the thought!

--VM44

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Last year, here in Canada a stadium had to be evacuated because of a bomb scare. It was in the papers and made quite a stir.

Way back in the late 70's early 80's a man ran across the platform naked at the Ottawa DC.

Some DC have been attended by one particular silentlamb (who refuses to be silent) and scattered silentlamb cards around the stadium

I suspect the fears that more things will happen will force them to boost up security

• northtxjim
    northtxjim

You mean things happen at conventions that actually keep you awake????? Wow! :o

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Ahhhh.'there is nothing new under the sun"[Eccl.1:9] I remember getting a rare up close and personal,glimpse of nathan knorr with a couple of big moose fellas for bodygaurds.My dad my uncles and my grandads ( there we go with the nepotisim ) doing the guard duty thing on the podium.I was told that it was in case any "evil slaves'' tried to rush the stage.Also they had to be prepared by studying the talk outline.This was in case the speaker became incapacitated with a heart attack, they could pinch hit.

It also makes the leaders look VIP,that they need 'secret service' bodyguards [henchmen]

The "Sacred Science"

The cult's ideology becomes the ultimate moral vision for the ordering of human existence. The ideology is too "sacred" to call into question, and a reverence is demanded for the leadership. The cult's ideology makes an exaggerated claim for possessing airtight logic, making it appear as absolute truth with no contradictions. Such an attractive system offers security.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

It may be too at Qualcomm that it is part of the stadium's requirements in renting the place, to station these guys at all the areas - just like they do at the ballgames there - for security purposes in general. Qualcomm made lots of changes, especially after 9-11. .

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Guys

The reason why the W/T has "guards" - "security watchers" - "attendants", at the stadiums,what every you call them, Is the legal requiremet of safety when they hire the stadiums, they have their own brothers rather than use the stadium security and pay for it!!!

The reason these "security attendants" dont bow thier heads is again a security requirement to watch the audience in case of trouble, EG: Fire, or disturbance.

Hence this requirement of security has been forced on the W/T by the authorites,

Sop, guys nothing sinister about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aikon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit