by El Kabong 26 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have gas.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Dr.Watson,

Maybe you should consider Beano....

Avi, The wood chips in foil are a good idea. Will have to try that next time. Thanks!!!

• exjdub
    exjdub
    What is your preference, using gas (propane) or charcoal?

I prefer charcoal, but time only allows propane.

I got the grill going right outside cooking up some beautiful spareribs with my special hand-rub spices.

El Kabong,

You are not leaving the thread without sharing that rub and rib recipe are you?????? There is nothing like slow smoked ribs over a charcoal fire.

exjdub

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Ok, the secret to my rub is.........(looks around)........Goya Sazon. They come in little packets. Just add it to your favorite rub. Usually, I do a pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, kosher salt and a packet or 2 of the Goya Sazon.

You can find Goya sazon in the international foods section of your local supermarket. It really makes a difference in taste.

BTW. The ribs came out great!!! The steaks came out juicy, medium rare. The Burgers created a lot of smoke for some reason. But, they were great as well.

• exjdub
    exjdub

Now that sounds good...I may have to fire up the grill! Can you hear my stomach growling??????

exjdub

• maxwell
    maxwell

I've never grilled myself. I grew up watching my dad mostly and sometimes my mom grill using charcoal. It does appear that gas is easier, but I don't think easier is always better. I vote charcoal just because that's what I've always had. My dad would soak wood chips in water and throw some on the coals after the flame had gone down and the coals were smoldering at cooking temperature.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Charcoal all the way. I prefer the flavor that a charcoal fire gives the food, and I will sometimes throw some maple pieces on the coals as well. The only complaint I've ever had about using charcoal is that it's tough to light when the temp drops below about 20 degrees Farenheit. All the same, I'm still seen in the back yard cooking on the grille or in the smoker when the snow is thigh deep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit