Wahooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO Proud!!!!!

by bisous 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

Okay, I know it is corny, but my daughter graduates college tomorrow, May 29th with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, major fine arts. She is an accomplished student and painter. She took an extra year because while a full-time student she also worked 20-25 hours a week.

She is only the SECOND person in our family to graduate college. The last was my uncle, her grandmother's brother.

This milestone, to me, FORMALLY represents a break from the mind control of the Jehovah's Witnesses. No, she was never exposed to the cult. But I was and the fact that she is graduating further reinforces my freedom to me. Does that make sense? probably not.

Not only is she accomplished, she is loving, kind, smart, funny, passionate and full of love and zest for life, and I love her more than words can say.... The world is truly her oyster! (oh and did I mention? CULT FREE)

Smiley University

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One down, One to Go!

• kls
    kls

As you should be ,you did a great job raising her.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    No, she was never exposed to the cult. But I was and the fact that she is graduating further reinforces my freedom to me. Does that make sense? probably not.

bisous,

It very much makes sense. Abuse, by a cult or any other form, may have an effect on us, but we don't have to pass it on to our children and future generations. You have every reason to be proud. I am glad that you broke the cult cycle. Congratulations to you and your daughter!

exjdub

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

bisous. Congratulations to your daughter and of course to you. I can sense your pride at a great accomplishment.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations Bisous!

I can't say it loudly enough -

CONGRATULATIONS!

to both you and your lovely intelligent daughter.

By protecting her from the poisonous influence of the retards who run the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, you have demonstrated the great depth of your wisdom and your love for her. By urging her to exceed the accomplishments of her ancestors, you have demonstrated your love for mankind, for it is only by such continuing EXCELlence that humanity continues to progress and avoids sliding into a new dark age of theocracy and superstition.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Congrats sweety

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Double post

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

FELICITATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulacions!!!!!!!!!

felicitaziones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a proud day this will be!!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My sincere congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

thats truly something to celebrate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit