Fighter planes and strange clouds in sky right now

by Leolaia 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm at home and for the past half hour at least three military fighters are up in the sky zooming around. Maybe there's an air show or something but they go damn fast! They can go from being overhead to beyond the distance by the horizon in half a minute, if that. And I noticed when they were near the horizon going parallel to it, they were far enough away I couldn't hear them and they moved so fast and reflected sunlight so brightly you couldn't notice the wings and they looked just like UFOs. If I hadn't seen what they were when they were overhead, I would've thought they were UFOs. Anyway, another one just went overhead again. Kinda distracting. There are three or four fighters flying in circles above round and round chasing each other or whatever.

Anyway, when this whole thing started I looked outside the window to the west and I saw this weird cloud in the sky. The sky is all a mishmash of haze, cirrus clouds, and vapor trails. But then I noticed a cloud in the middle of the haze and cirrus that was better defined than the rest but appeared to glow blue-green. It also had an unusual shape, like a series of vertical lines. I thought the color was an optical illusion so I looked away and looked at different things with different luminosity, but when I looked out the window it was the same thing. Then the color drained away and the cloud was white but still better defined than the surrounding clouds, and so I again wondered if it was an illusion. But then I noticed the color returning and now it was reddish. It was like moving down the color spectrum. And it became a very distinct red color, though the cloud itself was starting to dissolve away....and so I looked at for another minute or two until I could no longer make anything about any more. Anyone ever see anything like this before? Kinda weird.....

• Bryan
    Bryan

I guess an air show.

appeared to glow blue-green... I noticed the color returning and now it was reddish.

Sounds like died trails then maybe the sun lowering?

Bryan

• maxwell
    maxwell

You're not in Northern Virginia or anywhere near DC are you? They were supposed to be practicing for the WWII Memorial dedication today. The Washington Post said people might see them flying through DC and Virginia.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It was 2:30pm so the sun is still high up....I thought vapor trails but it just didn't look like one and the fighters weren't leaving behind vapor trails when I looked at them. Anyway, it was interesting because i never saw a colorful cloud like that in an otherwise white-and-blue sky.

• kls
    kls

Take pictures, i live near a huge church that is a marker for airplane's and when there is a air show going on in Oshkosh Wisc. the skys are really busy here ( scary ) and i have never seen what you are talking about.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, I do not....but it is close to Memorial Day so maybe it has something to do with that. It is an odd day to do an air show.

I live not too far from an air field, so they're obviously from that. I see C-130s on a regular basis but fighter planes are pretty rare in the sky, especially going full blast.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I thought about taking pictures with my digital camera. But I was rather doubtful that the color would be captured at all since it was very slight. But now that I'm thinking about it, I still could've gone into Photoshop and upped the saturation to see if it registered a contrast between this cloud and the others....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They have an air show this week end at Moffet:

http://www.arc.nasa.gov/aboutames-moffettairshow.cfm

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Reminds me of my chilldhood! We lived near Griffis Airforce base in Rome, NY growing up, and thought that everyone heard sonic booms on a regular basis. At the kingdom hall the speaker would have to pause every so often as a particularly low flying jet would go over.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's that time of year again.

I just had two fighter jets scream over my house a thousand feet up or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit