Were there ever any fisticuffs in the KH?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Blondie, I could never fathom this ``bringing reproach on Jehovah" business. I mean, why in the world would any observer draw inferences about Almighty God in heaven because of some human's misbehavior?

The hidden agenda here is that adverse publicity like this embarasses, not God, but the WTBTS, because it lifts up the veil to expose the warts clinging to the ``spiritual paradise" and shows them to be no holier than any other religioous group.

• Alf3831
    Alf3831

I have never discussed this story with anyone other than with those involved, but given the topic, feel it appropriate to finally bring out.

About 12 years ago, I was at a JW house party (or gathering as some of us used to call it). This was at the home of a brother from the Spanish congregation near Los Angeles. Well, there was music playing, and everyone was hanging out in the backyard. However, it soon became evident that there were a few "worldly people" at this gathering. There was quite a bit of drinking going on, so some in attendance were quite intoxicated by this time. One of the Spanish brothers, along with two others approached some of the "worldly people", and asked, "Hey, Are you guys Jehovah's Witnesses?", to which the worldly person responding nervously said, "Yeah, uhm, we are Jehovah's Witnesses." The brother then said, "Don't lie to us man, because if you arent Jehovah's Witnesses, we are going to kick your a$$!" Needless to say, these worldly ones soon left. However, something else transpired later, at that same party, with this same brother from the Spanish.

Several young ones from the English congregations showed up, and one of them approached the owner of the home, and asked "Can I get something to drink?", to which the owner of the home, (a brother from the Spanish) responded, "there is a market across the street." The young brother from the english responded "Cant I at least have some water?" To which the Spanish brothers said "Go across the street." The young brother then responded with "What you guys dont serve whites here?" Immediately with that comment, a half-dozen of the Spanish brothers rushed outside and started smacking this young english brother. He was not alone, so several english brothers came to his aid. Eventually a fight ensued Spanish vs English about 6 on 6...several there got beaten up pretty bad. Most of those involved were between 17-25 years of age, there were no older JW's in attendance. Of course once the fighting started, (as a good JW) I wisely got in my vehicle and headed home...........This is a true story...I am unaware if any of the congregational elders got involved in the aftermath....

Alf3831

• undercover
    undercover

A worldly husband beat up a brother who was having an affair with the worldly man's wife(a sister). This happened in the hall. The elders stood by and watched. They refused to help. They claimed he had it coming because of his sins.

I knew a brother who beat the snot out of his brother-in-law (both JWs). The brother knew that his bro-in-law was stealing from him but couldn't prove it. One day in the parking lot at the convention he caught him stealing from his car and he promptly handed out his own judical meeting punishment right there and then. The bro-in-law sported a nice black eye and broken nose for a while.

• new light
    new light

Damn!!!! I wish I had a story!!!

• avishai
    avishai
    A worldly husband beat up a brother who was having an affair with the worldly man's wife(a sister). This happened in the hall. The elders stood by and watched. They refused to help. They claimed he had it coming because of his sins.

One of the few BOE decisions I can agree with. Smart elders. Wow, got his ass kicked IN THE HALL!! Damn. Or maybe the elders were just chickenshit. Either way, good story.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Does murder committed by a middle aged brother in the parking lot of an 18- year old brother sitting in his truck qualify as fisticuff? Love triangle.

• avishai
    avishai

No, but it's far worse, what happened if you don't mind me asking?

• 4JWY
    4JWY

avishai:

It was 25 years ago in my local community and the victim was a relative of a former JW friend of mine. At the time, I was young and couldn't bear to hear the details, but I have recently begun researching the event at the library from the copies of the newspaper on microfilm. Very sad.

• avishai
    avishai

That sux. Thank you. Lemme know when you find out more.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

There weren't any fisticuffs but we had an interesting situation.

There was a young man who was being DFed for drug use I believe. And there was disagreement on the elder body as to whether he should be DFed. One elder was against it and made his views public. The Watchtower Study conductor was on to what was going on. In any case, this elder kept raising his hand during the Watchtower Study and the conductor kept ignoring him.

Eventually, someone asked the Watchtower Study conductor why he was ignoring this elder. So, the next time this elder had his hand up the Watchtower Study conductor called on him. This elder then started to give his perspective on the situation at hand in the congregation. At that point, the Watchtower Study conductor yelled the elder down and ordered that the microphone be taken away from the elder.

It was not long before this elder was deleted and moved to a different congregation.

Jeff S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit