Were there ever any fisticuffs in the KH?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Any takers?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Fisticuffs Sounds like a nice Kinky word, and was getting excited for a moment, but, alas, does not imply what I thought it would! Had to look it up in the dictionary, and yes there was one when I was a kid. This other young Brother and I never really got along, and one day we duked it out in the parking lot. We had to talk to the elders about it, and apologize to each other.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Nope,the cowards slashed my tires behind my back,and blamed it on 'apostates'.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

My father-in-law got attacked at a District Assembly by an irate husband of a sister who was spending a little too much time in "field service" with "(almost) everyone's favorite elder". When I saw him after the attack, his shirt was all rumpled up and he looked pretty well tousled. I wonder how my father-in-law was able to put a spin on that story so he looked pure and innocent to his PO!

• blondie
    blondie

Just a non-JW boyfriend upset that his GF dumped for "the truth." He had a police record. Lucky him, he showed up on a day when a non-JW police officer husband was there with his wife. No fight but he was quickly contained and whisked out of the KH.

Never seen or heard of a physical fight between JWs at the KH.

Verbal backstabbing was more their style.

Blondie

• avishai
    avishai

There was a thread on it about six mo. ago. Check it out!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64831/1.ashx

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Currently...

Situation in Montana/Idaho with a mentally ill member (bi-polar?) accosting two congregations and elders personally at homes including death threats. Reportly shut down 6 meetings between 2 congregations in advance. The elders called members and told them not to come.

Perpetrator in prison, but may be released soon. He has not had disciplinary action yet but has been officially banned from local kingdom halls. You know headquarters is in on this one.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Blondie "Just a non-JW boyfriend upset that his GF dumped for "the truth." He had a police record. Lucky him, he showed up on a day when a non-JW police officer husband was there with his wife. No fight but he was quickly contained and whisked out of the KH."

Clearly, that was Jehovah's Holy Spirit at work. ;)

Sure, the HS could have figured a way to have this guy never show up at all, but that would be too easy! My My, we can see how Jah protects his sheep, even using unbelieving mates who have jobs that JWs are not allowed to have!

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Not at the Hall, but there was a fight between two young brothers at the ice rink. Now the ice rink at that time was about the only place young JW's could meet up, so long as it was all organised by some parent. Guess what happened after the fight? The CO sent a letter to the circuit banning everyone from the ice rink!

I remember thinking that if two brother had a fight and they were wearing shoes, then all shoes would have to be banned!

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Quotes, I'm sure a few JWs thought it was HS; me, just serendipity.

I did read that a non-JW husband went to a KH in the US and shot his wife and the brother on the night their DFing was being announced. I remember that making the paper.

But my experience is that most JWs contain their venom for the verbal type and cause much more damage than a fist would.

w91 11/15 22 "An Overseer Must Be . . . Self-Controlled"

How much harm to the truth has resulted because some elders did not exercise self-control in their dealings with sisters in the congregation! A few years ago, an elder was disfellowshipped because he had committed adultery with a Christian sister whose husband was not a Witness. On the very night that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the aggrieved husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a rifle and fired at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, and he was at once disarmed, but the next day a major newspaper featured on its front page the news of ?a shooting at a church.? What reproach that elder?s lack of self-control brought upon the congregation and upon Jehovah?s name!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit