HELP! How do you answer the Elders without incriminating yourself?

by stichione 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

If they threaten you,threaten them back with a LAW$UIT elders are scared stiff nowdays.If they had any idea how much damage Danny Haszard was going to inflict on them thay would never have DFed me.

They calculated cold and gambled that I would go off and drink myself to death,Big Backfire!

Danny sez:"$uing is better than stewing"

• Room 215
    Room 215

It might be useful to ask them why that's their very first question, since it kinda ``puts the cart before the horse." When they ask ``what do you mean?" You could respond by saying something like ``Because that's the first question you asked, is it fair to conclude that you're more concerned about how I feel about the organization than whether I still have full faith in God and Christ?"

My experience that anyone who admits a loss of faith in God and Christ will often get an offer of help, usually in the form of a a regular study; but to equivocate on whether JWs are God's organization invariably gets one into hot water.

• undercover
    undercover

As minimus pointed out, answer their question with a question.

"D o you believe that Jehovah is using the Organization as his only approved channel of communication?"

"That's a good question. I won't deny that I have had some questions and have wondered where my faith is. I appreciate your concern but right now I need to step back and think this through. Blah blah blah."

You didn't say no and you didn't say yes. Just like a good politician.

• TD
    TD

The good (or bad depending upon your perspective) thing about JW literature is that it's all over the place.

At times they have claimed to be Jehovah's channel of communication clearly and unequivocally.

At other times they claim that Jehovah's channel of communication is the Bible and they are merely sincere students thereof.

Never contradict JW literature to an elder. Instead, get him to contradict the literature by insisting upon one view to the exclusion of the other. If he's stupid enough to do this, in a "sincere but confused" manner, become agitated and mentioned the possibility of your writing the Society for clarification. Ask him if he would mind very much if you mentioned him by name.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

D o you believe that Jehovah is using the Organization as his only approved channel of communication? Say YES (It's not a lie...I believe it wholeheartedly). The "jehovah" spirit is definitely their god, and YES, they are the channel of communication for that imaginary beast. (Just leave out that it's not YOUR God). Tell them that you have no doubt that "jehovah" uses their org. etc etc etc I imagine that they'll be too stupid to ask you if you believe that their idea of "god" is your God - as for the rest of it, it's true - go along. Even their "christ" is just some imaginary pie in the sky who's "gonna get you !" if you don't kiss their butts. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- D o you believe that we are the sole channel for providing you with new light and food about our bogeymen? Absolutely

• stichione
    stichione

Thanks to the lot of you. Some very insightful thoughts were posted here. I will keep you posted as to how things go.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hey Stich,

If you are trying to not get disfellowshipped I would suggest that you keep them at bay for as long as it takes.

If you must meet with them, then deny any accusation and lie. My hubby says bodies of elders are like the mafia. You don't invite the mafia to your home in the hopes that you can reason with them. Any way you look at it they will shot you in the foot.

If you are asked the famous question, DON'T RESPOND QUICKLY!!. Use semantics and confuse them with their own verbage.

EXAMPLE:

Elder: Do you believe that the organization is the channel that god is using?

Stichione: Could you clarify that? I don't understand what you mean by that? Are you asking me if they are inspired of God?

Elder: No we know they are not inspired but that they are the channel that god is using today?

Stichione: I don't understand, being a channel as opposed to what other channel? Do you mean like a spirit medium?

Be as evasive as you can. There is a good chance that you can throw them in confusion. Most likely they don't now themselves.

Hope you well

Wannaexit

• willyloman
    willyloman
    D o you believe that we are the sole channel for providing you with new light and food about our bogeymen? Absolutely

A Paduan has the right idea. Give 'em what they want. After all, that's what they did to YOU in the first place.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You might get lucky. They might word the question in a way that embeds their own view of what you are doing in a way that you can wholeheartedly deny with good conscience. When my turn with the elders came, they asked me one question:

"Have you been doing research in order to discredit the Society as God's organization?"

Well, my purpose in researching wasn't to disprove anything but to find out the truth and the facts of the matter. I had no agenda to discredit anything, so I gave them an emphatic:

"NO!"

And they said they were satisfied and ended the Elder's Meeting.

• new light
    new light

Tell people you are losing your faith in God. It's very unlikely you will be DF'ed for being "spiritually weak". They just don't want you to think you know better than the Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit