How did you get out of field service?

by Mulan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Misplacing the Awake and Watchtower magazines.... "Opps must have left them at the Kingdon hall, or did I?"

Damn should have thought of that one!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I hired pioneer proxys.That's right,back when i was a young pup and made good money I would provide for a pioneer expense account.I've bought some pioneers some nice automobiles.

All the buck$ I've made in my time and i have NOTHING to show for it except the MS's and Elders who were eaten up with jealousy.What a waste!

• blondie
    blondie

My father was not a JW and liked visiting friends out of town. We missed a lot of field service and Sunday meetings.

Blondie

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Had to go.

• Carmel
    Carmel

After the morning chores were done (milking cows and goats, etc) I would dissappear usually up the river with the dog. Just out having fun, watching the driveway from several hundred yards away. Once the car pulled out, I was free for a few hours. Same with the witchtower study on Sun afternoon. Usually got a whipping when they came home. Part of what made me want to leave home and the borg was the physical and mental coersion to attend, believe and perform. No religion that is "from God" would have to resort to such tactics for membership. I've never required my kids to attend meetings with us. They come if they want to. I have intervened when my wife was trying to "persuade" and insisted they not come unless THEY want to on their own. So far the results are all positive. Each one is where they want to be in their lives with no ill will toward us or our beliefs.

carmel

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I changed my work schedule around where I had to work saturday and sunday mornings (Only good thing about working in a restaurant!)

I just loved telling people I had to work when they asked to partner up for service. It was a sorry attempt to get me out there....

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Say that "since it's such a nice day out I can cut the grass early so that when everybody get's home we can bar-b-q and enjoy the yard". a lot of times it worked and most times wouldn't you know "we were out of gasoline". whats on tv !!!

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Severe headaches used to work pretty good. Used to say, ohh man, I cant even concentrate witht his headache.

• shera
    shera

LOL xjw! You were a real Macgyver weren't yah?

I was the only one in the family,so I just called and said I was sick. Really I didn't miss many Saturdays for a few yrs......

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

On a "Special Assignment" for Bethel. i.e. field service "get out of jail free" card!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit