JW - non JW relationships

by sjf84 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwbot
    jwbot

Simon! I am with you on that!

I am an ex-jw. My boyfriend whom I live with is not a JW at all. I left the org. before we met but when we moved in together, thats when my family stepped up the pressure. They have shunned me, my friends do not talk to me. My sister goes as far as to turn in the other direction if she sees me.

That behaviors hurts me so much, its unbearable sometimes. But the thing is, is I know I am not doing anything wrong. I am a strong person and I have a wonderful boyfriend that supports me. I can tell you, I have been tempted to go back and "fake it" to have my family...but what kind of love is that? Why would I want conditional love and friendship? Your girlfriend was not strong enough and she did not realize that--she does not know (or does not WANT to know) that the love she got back from friends and family is completely conditional.

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years now, and living together for almost that long as well. We are getting married next year.

Move on and do not look back, I know its easier said than done...I am having to do that with my family until THEY accept ME for who I am and I will not change. You will find a girl that is stable with a good head on her sholders and put you above a cult religion. Take care!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit