The Real Reason for the Blood Ban?

by Farkel 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks again Farkel for another well written post, this particular point really put things in to perspective for me. Why not cause some controversy and curiosity. Brummie has a point too, all that for some publicity? Though one could understand why his comments regarding religion would fuel a "persecution". Of which they could turn around and claim it to be just more proof they were God's chosen people.

So in short, the ban on blood transfusions was their equivalent to a ?wardrobe malfunction??

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

it seems everytime another prophecy of the wt fails... they come up with some crazy new policy to test the still loyal after the big fall out. lets start with 1914, and ww1 when that didn't pan out they started attacking other churches. after 1925-29 they started with the no vaccanations, some no holidays and don't have children till the big A. just for a few. scary stuff. but some stayed. now they got total slaves.( just what they wanted all along) . in the 30's it was the same thing they didn't go to heaven , so now they come up with the new 144k and new great crowd, and hitler was choosen by jehovah blacks are servent race from early 1900and jews are vermom, and arains (germans ) were gods choosen blood line. and the new name jw's to get away from half of the bible students that left in the last 10 yrs. then was all their talk about how the war was going to be a mustard gas war. and only a few months left (1941) with all their talk about ww2 no big A. again i think many walked. lets really turn the remaining jw's into zombies. they have been flip flopping on the cross and the new life savior blood , 1874, 1914, 1799 jesus and other issues for years. and went with the blood bad totally dumped hitler as king of the north and went for the u.s.s.r. as king. and the idea if the generation of 1914 finishing in 1951 or 54 , 37 yrs after christ and jeresalem being destroyed . thentheypull the old 3 1/2 year stuff again and the flag etc. straight till 2004 they keep printing these wacky idea like the year 2000 or the generation of 1935 . and even still print from time to time millions now living today will never die. you have to give the wt credit they have a lot of BALLS... john

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    you have to give the wt credit they have a lot of BALLS... john

Even dirty, stinky, disease ridden rats have balls too. I'm not sure though do snakes have balls?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Even dirty, stinky, disease ridden rats have balls too. I'm not sure though do snakes have balls?

lol

• gespro
    gespro

Another example of expediency was the society noticed in the mid/late 1960's that growth was stagnant. This is not good. Was it then also a coincidence that FW Franz concocted his 1975 "prophecy" in 1969, then?

Hey Farkel, good summary. However FW had 1975 brewing alot earlier than 1969. More likely the late 50's ,early 60's.

I've got a copy of a vintage audio tape Randall turned me on to. It's a talk at a convention that more than hints to 1975 being a significate year, possibly armageddon. And don't forget the 1966 article [transcribed from FW's talk, or was Knorr in Australia] that I'll try to find online and link to...

just my.02

• Farkel
    Farkel

gespro,

: Hey Farkel, good summary. However FW had 1975 brewing alot earlier than 1969. More likely the late 50's ,early 60's.

That is correct. I believe FW's 1975 chronology was printed in about 1963 or so. But it wasn't emphasized. Therefore, dubs didn't make a big deal about it. In the 1969 "Freedom Everlasting" book, FW DID make a big deal about it. The 1975 feeding frenzy didn't start in 1963. It started in 1969. You figure that part out.

And don't forget: this thread is about feeding frenzies due to loss in WTS membership, NOT when FW published his first eschaetology about 1975.

Farkel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    In the 1969 "Freedom Everlasting" book, FW DID make a big deal about it. The 1975 feeding frenzy didn't start in 1963. It started in 1969.

I thought the book came out in 1966, and they drove the 1975 thing into high drive by '68.....

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

W. Glen How, that Canadian JW lawyer was also (at least in part) responsible for the offical banning. While orgainzing the legal archives I came across correspondence between him and the Governing Body wherein he denounced them as scared little boys afraid of making a stand.

He quoted many publishers who asked for legal assistance defending their understanding of the blood issue but since the Org hadn't made it yet a policy they were left to their own devices to fight for the right to chose treatment. Glen bugged the GB for about 6 years before it actually became an offical policy of the WTBS to refuse blood.

As with most changes in doctrine, the blood issue came about by a few men pushing it from behind the scenes. They always say wait on Jehovah but ultimately it takes one person properly placed to make it a pet issue and amazingly new light springs forth. I know I personally brought about a couple of policy changes and new light myself. So either Jehovah was using me or it is a man based organization. Take a quick guess as to what I believe.

I just wish they would get their nose out of medical decisions all together. I am an advocate of INFORMED personal choice but not if that choice is mandated by a flip-flopping organization of geriatrics claiming to speak for God.

Uzzah

• gespro
    gespro

And don't forget: this thread is about feeding frenzies due to loss in WTS membership, NOT when FW published his first eschaetology about 1975.

Now slow down there young man! Just thought I'd add my .02 besides you wrote it:
    Another example of expediency was the society noticed in the mid/late 1960's that growth was stagnant. This is not good. Was it then also a coincidence that FW Franz concocted his 1975 "prophecy" in 1969, then?
    It's an old wt habit of trying to be accurate I guess. LOL!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Uzzah, very interesting, I just have two questions....are you at liberty to mention the kind of "new light" you brought forth? And most importantly, have you been touching any arks lately?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit