I didn't realize how much it had affected me...

by Aztec 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Aztec, what do you want? Will moving make thins better?

KLS, yes, moving would make things better. The farther away I live the less they bother me. My dad is afraid of technology. He won't touch the computer except to do his bible reading and he seems to be afraid of the telephone...LOL! Deminnnzzz!

I asked her if she thought it was more difficult to live now, or during the potato famine in Ireland

Good point Mulan!

~Aztec

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Way to go Aztec *high five*

Doesnt it feel good to finally be able to say it without getting all quesy first?! What a break through! You rawk

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... AZZY

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

My mother also makes occasional remarks along that line. It definitely won't change the way I feel about the WTS, but I feel bad for her. I'm a mother also, though my children are still small. I can only imagine the unspeakable despair I would feel if I thought my child was heading for destruction. She spent her entire adult life dragging us ungrateful children to the meetings and field service and trying to study with us (no easy task). Her entire reason for being was to get us all into the new system. She loved us and would do anything to help ensure our everlasting life.

Now, none of her children are active, and she's alone in her struggle to stay afloat and "faithful to Jehovah". In her mind, I've turned my back on Jehovah and will soon be destroyed, which, as misguided as I believe her to be, has got to be so painful.

As painful as her "meddling" is, I keep remembering that it's got to be more painful for her to see me leave the organization and head off into destruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit