I didn't realize how much it had affected me...

by Aztec 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

The witnesses have infiltrated! My father told me the other night that "the time was growing short". Thanks dad! Time is a constant btw. And growing "means" getting bigger not shorter!!!! I told him confidently that I did not believe it and he looked away abashedly. I am proud of myself for standing up to my father. It was hard to do! My father cannot understand a child who does not believe. I pity him.

Anyway, love ya all!

~Aztec

• avishai
    avishai

Hi five!!!!

• PeaNUT
    PeaNUT

I hear ya. Sounds like one of my mother's favorites. When she found out I had decided to pursue a graduate degree (wasn't the undergrad degree sufficiently blasphemous?) her remark was: "Well, I suppose if you want to polish the brass on a sinking ship...". So supportive. Why is it our parents feel compelled to parrot everything they hear at the KH? arrgghhh

• tarzan
    tarzan

The end is always getting closer..thats what the apostle Paul said......... 2000 years ago!

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Why is it our parents feel compelled to parrot everything they hear at the KH? arrgghhh

Don't know!

When my father replied with "I know you don't believe"... I replied, emphatically with " I know I don't believe"! Where is AlanF when ya need him?

~Aztec

• Aztec
    Aztec

I should replay this for everyone: My father said : the time is growing short. I said "Of course, I don't believe so". YAY ME! I am really proud of me for standing up to my dad! I haven't been able to do that.....ever!

Yay me!

~Aztec

• Aztec
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm glad you were able to stand up for yourself, Aztec.
    Power to your elbow...

Edited to add:Try not to let that pity turn into contempt.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Now, you will only get stronger and stronger. Great first step!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    "the time was growing short"

Hmmm, how long have we been hearing that? I think the time's been growing longer.

I've been hearing much of the same lately. Even though I'm "out" my mom has some idea that I still believe in it on some level, so she's trying to work on it. She just doesn't get it. Maybe she thinks the constant repitition will get through to me. Maybe she counts her time too, as she did before I was a JW.

Good for you for standing up to your dad!

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit