Austin Powers ... tell me when I should be laughing please

by Simon 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sorry, but I've just watched one of the Austin Powers movies for the first time after hearing many people rave about them and IMO it's almost as bad as "Armageddon" that is on the other side.

I thought it was supposed to be a comedy?! It is kind-a like the poorest "carry-on" movie ever

The only saving grace that has stopped me switching over is Heather Graham ... who is hot !!

• shera
    shera

I'm not a big fan of those movies as well...

He gets on my nerves big time!

• Special K
    Special K

Yuck for Austin Power movies

I can't stand them either.

Special K

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I was a teenager in the 60s. The first POWERS movie I thought was funny, ONLY because it satired 60's Bond-type movies. If you take it as face value, they really are pathetic films.... although Mike Myers (Canadian btw) is really talented (imo)....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Which one was it. The last one was an abysmal failure.....completely and utterly unfunny. The first one though I liked a lot.

• Simon
    Simon

Dunno what it was called ... it had "Mini-Me" in it and a gorgeous blonde with big ... oh, yes - I already said Heather Graham was in it didn't I ?!

• avishai
    avishai

That would be the second one, The spy who shagged me, in the US.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hmm, okay then it has to be the second one. That was okay, but it had only one laugh-out funny part.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I mostly hated the Austin Powers movies, especially the disgusting, disgusting, baby-eater pig guy.

But Mike Meyers cracks me up sometimes and he is so good as Dr. Evil, just boring as Austin Powers!

Did you ever see him in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"?

It's a great comedy, and Mike again plays dual roles - it's VERY GOOD. Kind of a cult classic I guess! Great soundtrack too.

Wonderful supporting cast - Nancy Travis, Anthony LaPaglia, Alan Arkin, and Brenda Fricker.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Austin Powers was not exactly my cup of tea, but I enjoyed some of the outrageous characters tho. I much prefer Mike Meyers in his first film, So I Married An Ax Murderer. Funny stuff. He also plays his father in that film, a scottish guy who loves the Bay City Rollers. My kids and I so relate to the same kind of comedy. We all laugh at the same time at the same stuff while watching a movie or tv show. My wife, however, rarely laughs at the same stuff I laugh at . . .

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit