"Have I committed the unforgiveable sin?&q...

by LDH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    *** g94 11/8 20 Have I Committed the Unforgivable Sin? ***
    Masturbation is an unclean habit. (2 Corinthians 7:1) However, the Bible does not class it with serious sins such as fornication. In fact, it does not mention it at all. Therefore, a lapse into masturbation would hardly be unforgivable.

So someone, please, tell me how something the Bible doesn't even mention is worthy of article after article, talk after talk, demonstration after demonstration?

And how is it, that the average JDub can read the above paragraph and not ask themselves, "Then what the hell is the WBTS discussing it for?"

I remember the Youth book, and the illustration of the door, and at the age of 11-12 I clearly remember disagreeing with what my parents were telling us about masturbation.

But I would have never disagreed with it, like any good JW kid.

Have *YOU* committed a sin that isn't even mentioned in the Bible?

Lisa
    "Forgive me father, for I have sinned" class

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

LDH,

Keep private life to yourself!!!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

*demonstration after demonstration?*

WHAT hall where you in???

Ven

• LDH
    LDH

Venice, are you trying to tell me your Seattle assemblies never had the 'kid struggling with masturbation' demo? Talking to a 'concerned parent'

ha ha.

However, I am available to give demonstrations to Fred Hall, who wouldn't know a clitoris if it smacked him.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

demonstration after demonstration?

Wow... I wish I was at *that* convention!

I remember a JW friend that said he never knew what masturbation was until he was 13 and his dad got out all of the "Young People Ask..." articles on the subject to explain how wrong it was.

After that, he was a machine. Couldn't write, his hand was so sore. I think it forced him to become ambidexterous.

--Reagan

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• open_mind
    open_mind

FredHall.......isn't this site here so that we can help each other? If this is true then why should he keep his personal life at home. Don't most people here share parts of their personal life with eachother?

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

LDH wrote:

<However, I am available to give demonstrations to Fred Hall, who wouldn't know a clitoris if it smacked him.>

ROTFLMAO!
    --Reagan

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• AlanF
    AlanF

Lisa, I don't know your history with respect to JWs, but back in the late 1960s to early 1970s there were articles on top of articles and public talks on top of talks condemning the evils of masturbation. It was a personal hangup of Nathan Knorr, apparently, and they beat it to death (no comments from kibitzers, please).

Being a nubile young man of 18 in 1969, and basically a braindead JW, I took all this to heart and had a number of sessions with elders about my "problem". By about 1972 the Society was really hammering the issue. One elder told me that he was pretty sure that the Society would make masturbation a disfellowshipping offense, and that he was happy to hear it. By about that time I began to realize that these people were out of their minds and so I didn't go to them any more, but the guilt continued.

Since then the Society has avoided the constant repetition of condemnatory articles, but it still condemns masturbation as being "grossly unclean" and a giving in to fleshly desires. That continued policy is what creates the guilt that led to the article you asked about.

AlanF

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey Reagan,

You must know since you was down there.

• kes152
    kes152

First of all....

ALL sin is SIN. There is no 'degrees' of sin that are "serious" and others "are not." The ONLY sin is the Unforgiveable sin which is blasphemy against the holy spirit (NOT grieving or ignoring the spirit).

ALL other SINS are SINS. If the holy spirit (not 'elder' or a 'group of men') tells you to confess it .... confess it.

There is only one unforgiveable everlasting sin ... and it is not a 'fleshly' sin, but a sin in the spirit.

Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit