Need Input on DF committee hearings, please

by robhic 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

Gumby

This,

Do you know why? Because Elders follow the societys rules on following the guidlines in the Flock Books regardless of the situation. The society doesn't have a special guidline book for special scenarios which is why some of these meetings are conducted like a nazi interogation meeting.

makes me feel a lot better about one of the elders on my JC. It is bringing a tear to my eye. He really is a good guy. I can forgive him now, knowing what little choice he probably had. Thanks so much for sharing that!

tal

• gumby
    gumby

Talesin,

Your welcome.....glad it helped you.

Gumby

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my closest JW friends was "out of the truth" for about 20 years and then came back. This was many years ago, and she was killed in an auto accident about 5 years ago.

When she came back, she confessed to fornication. There had been many men over those 20 years. One of the elders wanted to know how many men, how many times with each man, and what they did, and if she had an orgasm. She told him "wait, I took notes, let me see if I have them". And then she laughed. She was a nut, and they all laughed and then that elder was told to tone it down.

I've heard that it goes like that though. They must have a script.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    One of the elders wanted to know how many men, how many times with each man, and what they did, and if she had an orgasm.

As if the orgasm changed the act!!

I guess if there was no orgasm, it was a lesser crime, eh?!!!

• stephoness
    stephoness

I thought I would reply here since I have a little second-hand knowledge of two JCs held at my old congregation. I've posted about these stories here before I think, but they might be hard to find (maybe click on my name and check my post history). When I was about 12 years old, still oblivious to everything, we went to the book study at an Elder's house. After the meeting usually the kids would get together and play in the basement, but on this nigth we were all herded upstairs. I was too curious for my own good so I snuck downstairs to see what was going on. They were setting up a semi-circle of chairs around one chair in the middle of a bright light. The rest of the room was dark, like an interrogation. At this point the Elder caught me and told me to go upstairs but later my Dad told me that a man was being "talked to" because he "liked his wife's breasts too much". Keep in mind my Dad was not an Elder and had never even been a MS but because this Elder running the JC had witnessed to my Dad he told him all kinds of gossip. Anyhting said in a JC will NOT be kept private and you can expect everyone in the congregation will know everything within an hour or two of the JC, probably less.

The second time I had a run in with a JC was a much sadder event. I was probably around 16 or so and one of my best friends was the same age, maybe a little younger. She had gone to the park and a group of boys had grabbed her and pulled her into a cave area and gang-raped her. She immediately went to the police and her parents. Because her parents were trying to be good JWs but were not really considered good associations, they thought that if their unbaptized publisher daughter went to the Elders in a preemptive strike, that maybe they would be accepted because they did what they were suppossed to. My friend came to me just before the JC and I told her not to talk to them, to keep it quiet for her own sake. But she went through with it because she wanted a clean conscience. After the JC my friend came out bawling and I tried to go to her but the Elders restrained me. It was only much later that she told me what happened. The Elders asked her every sort of question you can imagine about the rape, including the disgusting slap in the face of "Did you enjoy it?" They asked her which boy did what to her, how many times, how did it feel, did you scream or fight. She was held down and either was too afraid to scream or they held their hands over her mouth. By the end of that night the rumors were going around that my friend had had consentual sex with a bunch of guys, that she was a slut and no one should even talk to her. Not once did anyone say my friend was raped, which is what really happened to her, she had no choice in the matter. The Elders publicly reproved her on a Sunday in front of the entire congregation, and everyone was talking then about how she deserved it because her family had always been bad associations in their eyes. The Elders had told their wives every single thing my friend said, except the most important part, that she was raped! And these sisters proceeded to tell over 200+ people every detail except the most important one (being raped not consentual) that my friend said in her JC.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

The WT ever changing position regarding rape is truly staggering in brutality towards the victim. No doubt at the time NO SCREAM=YOU WANTED IT

Several times they changed position on Rape. You can research these: Watchtower, January 15, 1964, p.63 (scream or be disfellowshipped) Aid To Bible Understanding, 1969 pp. 601, 1371 (No, If you dont scream you wont be disfellowshipped) Awake!, March 8, 1974 p.14 (Yes, Scream) Awake!, July 8, 1980 pp.5-6 (No, You dont have to scream) Watchtower, Oct 15,1980 p.7 (Yes, Scream) Watchtower, March 15, 1983, p.30 (No, You dont have to scream) Awake!, February 22, 1984 (Yes, Scream) Awake!, June 8, 1984 (No, dont scream) Awake! May22, 1986 p.23 (Yes, Scream) Awake! September 22, 1986, p.28 (No, you dont have to scream or be disfellowshipped)

(EXTRACT FROM

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/71593/1136864/post.ashx#1136864 )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit