Do not become unevenly yoked with an unbeliever unless she is asian.

by XQsThaiPoes 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I don't have much to say about the specific topic, but it brought to mind something about the general subject of marrying an unbeliever:

Anyone who considers themselves spiritual would probably agree that spirituality is the deepest thing, and for the sake of making this point I would use this model:

1. Environment/conditioning
    2. Biology/genetics
    3. Spiritual

With 3 being the deepest level. If you look closely at what religions like JWs are doing, they are really only working on the first level - and since the matter of marrying involve biology, they don't stand a chance unless they make a big deal out of it, condition you with 5 meetings a week, assemblies and conventions and things like that. Even then it is really temporary, but it can be sustained indefinitely.

This is why I think it is quite possible to take the power out of the mind control even when there is years and decades of conditioning, simply because the JWs are working on the shallow level of behavior modification, number one. (there is some overlap with number two in the case where you grew up with JWs from an age where it's kind of burned in, but even then it's not the deepest) All things being equal, if you work on that level to try to reverse it of course it would take just as long. But if you go deeper to say number three - and you can just as easily substitute another word for spiritual if you like - then you are dealing with something more powerful. This is really what gives the behavior modification any power, it's the real power of your own mind - not the filling and shuffling of information around based on conditioning. In case anyone is wondering how exactly this is supposed to be done, the first step as I've said before is to realize you are controlled by the contents of mind, that is to say your mind is information driven, rather than the mind using information.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't think this is a policy change... just another symptom of the WTS loosing its grip of control.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>"Do NOT become unevenly yoked with unbelievers". That was a command, not a suggestion, yet the dubs do not disfellowship for marrying out of the Lord (truth ) I never knew why.

A friend of mine asked his elders why your are DFed for smoking (which cannot be found in the Bible) but not for not marrying "in the Lord". He was heavily disciplined and even threatend that he was "promoting a sect". Well, he just did not understand ...

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Soultion Marry a smoker and kiss CPR style when she lights up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit