The Termination of the WTS

by richard 20 Replies latest jw friends

• richard
    richard

Just SUPPOSE ... the WTS will cease to exist. Then this forum has lost its right to exist. How would you deal with this void in your life?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS may get smaller but it will not cease to exist. Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God broke off into smaller groups after his death, but did not cease to exist. When Protestant groups broke off, the Roman Catholic Church continued to exist.

Having left the WTS already, most here have already filled the "void" the WTS was unable to fill with its lies.

So what void are you trying to fill, richard?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'd join an ex Mormon board, you?

• richard
    richard

Blondie - I said SUPPOSE ... I mean would join another board, run marathons instead of posting, or what?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If that were to happen, and one could only pray that it does..., I do not think that sites like these would be obsolete. The fact is, with the majority of us, the damage has been done already to us spiritually, emotionally, loss of families, etc. That cannot change. Most of us have something in common, and that is being ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. We will always be ex-JW's, even if the borg does fall into oblivion, and methinks that sites like these would be a stepping stone for all of the disillusioned ones that would no longer have the so called "Truth", and would need people such as ourselves to help them overcome the influences of the WBTS.

• TD
    TD

.....run marathons instead of posting, or what?

What's wrong with doing both? Some of us do.

If you look around here you will notice that many, many more things get discussed here besides the JW's. Those that are realy truly interested in the twists and turns of JW doctrine probably compose a minority.

I've therefore no doubt that not only this board would continue to exist, but the resultant friendships would continue to exist as well if the WTB&TS ceased to exist.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

If the Watchtower Society closed its doors tomorrow, first we?d all have a great party. The next day, we?d all get to work helping those whose lives had been shattered, start the recovery process. Hell, it wouldn?t be the end of sites like this; it would practically be a whole new beginning. Sites like this would pop-up all over the place. Sadly, I don?t see the Watchtower Society "ceasing to exist".

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

Ditto Steve.

• onacruse
    onacruse

The WTS will not "die"; it will morph, as has virtually every other eschatogical religion.

The changes are already happening; straightforward sociology.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    How would you deal with this void in your life?

I might start a knitting club for men

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit