Is it possible for a sociopath to change? It is with Jehovah's spirit. Or?

by avengers 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avengers
    avengers
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck..............

XW

then it must be somebody I know. I'm not gonna tell you his name.
    hahaha.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL Avengers- Is his name Daffy?

(((((((((((((((((Lauralisa)))))))))))))))))

XQ-

You are correct in that many sociopaths will "take on" the morals of those around them. They also will take on the mannerisms, speech patterns, personalities, life stories and the like. It stems from them not having a "core" being of their own so they are like a chameleon, absorbing the very essence of those around them. It's one of the ways they fit in and also one of their means of manipulation. They will also suck the very life out of those around them with their crazymaking.

tale:

Thank you !!

• avengers
    avengers
    They also will take on the mannerisms, speech patterns, personalities, life stories and the like.

I didn't know that. New Light to me. Thanks for all the info.

Andy

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI XENA.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT WE WERE BOTH SAYING THE SAME THINGS.

"they can function somewhat ok until they face a problem or are confronted, then is when it can become dangerous."

Outoftheorg

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Hi out !!

I think we are probably saying some similar things:

See, what I think I was getting confused by was the "to a degree" part and "somewhat ok". From what I've experienced and then learned through research is that the high functioning ones don't just do "somewhat ok" or "get along in society at least to a degree". In fact, they thrive most often and when faced with challenges or problems it only seems to make them stronger. It's like their game gets more challenging and they can flex some more manipulative muscle.

It's all good as far as this discussion goes though. What is sad and what makes me angry is that it's certainly not all good when you are dealing with one. When I said crazymaking I wasn't kidding. They will have you believing there is something wrong with you, when it's all part of their own cutting a swath through life. Gaslighting at it's best.

((((Andy))))))- sounds like you are in the thick of it. I hope you can get it all sorted out and can rid yourself of this person. Just be sure not to lose yourself in it. One thing about these people is that they do not like to lose and will do whatever they need to when they feel threatened or if they realize that their mask is going to be torn from their face. If they think you have their number, it'll get worse. Protect yourself and good luck.

XW

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI AGAIN XENA.

YEAH WE HAVE THE SAME THOUGHTS. I JUST WORDED IT DIFFERENTLY.

I AM SAD TO SAY THAT SOME OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS CAME FROM ONE OF MY SONS. HE WAS DIAGNOSED AS EITHER HAVING A CHARACTER FLAW OR BORDERLINE SOCIOPATHIC.

I THINK THE PSYCH. TOLD ME THIS BECAUSE HE HATED TO TELL ME THE FULL TRUTH.

I ALSO WORKED WITH A GUY WHO ADMITTED HE WAS A SOCIOPATH. WHICH MADE ME DOUBT HE WAS, AS THEY NEVER ADMIT THIS.

AS TIME WENT ON OVER A 5 YR PERIOD I CAME TO AGREE WITH HIM. I WOULD CALL HIM A FUNCTIONING SOCIOPATH. HE DISPLAYED ALL THE TRAITS AND CONDUCT. BUT HE WAS VERY CLEVER AND KEPT OUT OF TROUBLE. BUT IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HE HAD NO FEELINGS WHATSOEVER FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

THEN TWO YEARS AFTER I RETIRED HE WAS FOUND DOING SOME ILLEGAL THINGS AND WAS FIRED. HE THEN DISAPEARED AND NOT HEARD FROM.

NICE TALKING TO YOU.

Outoftheorg

• avengers
    avengers
    it's certainly not all good when you are dealing with one. When I said crazymaking I wasn't kidding.

You are so right. They try and mess with your mind so much. I used to fall for it every time in the past. Through research though you can identify them and learn how to deal with these characters.
    My advice is not to experiment with this, because these predators are a clever lot. Beware that once in their hands you go down.

If they think you have their number, it'll get worse. Protect yourself and good luck.

Thanks for the kind words. I need them. I hope he moves out soon. I'll keep you posted on how this went. I'd like to keep
    him on "my side", so that I can keep an eye out and keep damage to a minimum for the next-one being preyed upon. Because that will happen, because they know nothing-else. They are predators. And don't be naive. There will be a next victim.

IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HE HAD NO FEELINGS WHATSOEVER FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

And that's the scary part. I guess the only way to deal with these predators is to keep them in front of you, don't ever let on that you know, and this way manipulate the manipulator. (no cure, just management). I have in these last weeks come to realize with what kinds of people the FBI has to deal with.
    The officers that have to deal with these monsters are starting to earn my respect.

Thank you all so much for your input. If you feel you have anything to add, please do.

Andy

• chinesechikn
    chinesechikn

I don't think so. I was involved with a JW who was disfellowshipped. Before he was disfellowshipped he went to meetings even though he had an affair for two years. Once disfellowshipped he continued his affair and became reinstated. He uses being a "witness" as a way to feel superior. I recently called the elders where he lived and told them of his deception and to my knowledge he continues his behavior without consequences. He has married another witness and at the same time stalks me. I mean sitting across the street from my house, showing up where I'll be, the works. I needed protection and I was ignored. I could use some advice as to how to get rid of him. I don't thing the organization was created to condone this behavior. I just think that no one knows exactly what to think or what to do with a person like they are. They are just so good at what they do. I know I was fooled for six years. Sometimes it is overwhelming to think of all the bad things done by him and all that he continues to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit