Is it possible for a sociopath to change? It is with Jehovah's spirit. Or?

by avengers 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• talesin
    talesin

It's my understanding that a 'sociopath' is one who has no conscience, ie, no sense of 'right' and 'wrong'. They will do whatever it takes to achieve their goals of subjugation, with no regrets whatsoever.

In answer to your question, I think not.

my two

talesin

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

If anything the bible reinforces the anti-social behavior. If you read the the bible you see that nothing is wrong if you are the "right" people. Any transgressions will be ignored or expunged. For a sociopath the bible is a guide how not to get caught. Which makes you wonder about Jehovah's moral character.

Also I doubt being a sociopath is as bad as people make out everyone loves them when they are on your side.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If anything the bible reinforces the anti-social behavior

1 Corinthians 13 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
    2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
    3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
    6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
    7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
    9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
    10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
    11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
    12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
    13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

That is not the part the sociopaths read

• avengers
    avengers
    Also I doubt being a sociopath is as bad as people make out everyone loves them when they are on your side.

I had to think a long time before I had the nerve to comment on the above.

First of all; they are never on your side. They only appear to be.
    That's the first deception. When you think they are on your side, then they have succeeded
    in their first step into grooming you.
    When the predator has himself on your side he'll proceed onto the next grooming-step
    until he has you totally in his power.
    He'll try to use your resources until everything is in shambles.
    IMO the only "cure" is to lock these people up and throw away the key, or shoot them on the spot.
    They're criminals, pedophiles, and have no respect for laws or people.
    They only care for themself. When in danger though they cry like a baby
    to get your attention only to groom you into their web.
    I'm playing a dangerous mind-game with one of these predators, which they love to play.
    I have no mercy for these people, none. He thinks I'm on his side and I'm keeping it
    this way until I can shut him down for good. As long as you can keep these people
    in front of you instead of behind you, you can keep an eye out.
    These are cunning and smart people. To outsmart them you have to be
    even more cunning. They will stop at nothing to satisfy their own desires.
    They will use you unless you're smart enough to see what they're doing.
    The way the Org works plays right into the hands of these people.
    As a matter of fact the Org helps create them.
    They're like ticks who buries its head in your skin to suck the life-blood out of you.
    I removed many ticks from my cats and I'll remove this predator too. Head and all.
    Damn this Organization who creates such garbage.

I doubt being a sociopath is as bad as people make out

That's an illusion. The fact is that sociopaths are far more dangerous than you realize. Unless ofcourse you're one
    yourself.

Andy of the super-pissed-of at the WT for helping to create these less than animal creatures class.

• mustang
    mustang

"IMO the only "cure" is to lock these people up and throw away the key, or shoot them on the spot."

Third and totally effective option: I have succeeded in OUTLIVING my evil daemon!!!

BTW, his WTS honed Sociopathic "skills" led him to finally become a criminal. Before he died, the laws in the states we both lived in had changed to make him become a STALKER and technically a criminal.

I thought that getting out of his immediate "sphere of influence" was the answer. I did totally quit the JW's within months of moving ~3000 months away.

But that didn't change the spying, manipulation attempts and STALKING. It made his efforts inconvenient, but did not stop them.

And in the end, he became a criminal, as the laws caught up with his "course of conduct". He continued his "course of action" after these laws changed, so it is not a matter of being excused by "ex post facto" conditions. He may be viewed as having "post-ratified" his previously technically legal conduct into an illegal status. The conduct previous to the changes in the law certainly go towards " evidencing a continuity of purpose." California Penal Code 646.9.f.

Now is "course of conduct" a JW term?? Sounds familiar, doesn't it? It may indeed be found in the Dub literature. But it is a technical/legal term, as defined in the California Penal Code Section 646.9 subparagraph f.

http://www.safetyed.org/help/stalking/castatute1.html

There you have it: my JW experience was based entirely on being pressured into being a JW by a SOCIOPATH. So was I really a JW??? Only in the sense of being one under duress. Basically, the whole experience was invalidated.

"I doubt being a sociopath is as bad as people make out"

Ahh, the innocence of youth. Try telling me this after YOU have dealt with one for 50 years.

Avenger knows what he is talking about; you are just guessing.

Mustang

Disclaimer:

All that I write or utter is protected under the religious freedom guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America, in the First Amendment, as the Free Exercise Clause; in addition, the Freedom of Speech held from the same source is further invoked.

Additionally, the Church Law Shield is applied to all that I utter or write, because I am expressing my religious views to be held as those propounded by a Church. The Church Law Shield consists of many precedents that defend a Church against outside influences regarding the expression of worship.

I declare all statements of mine to be "Articles of Faith" of my Belief System, whether that belief System encompasses any Church in existence or my own single and individual beliefs.

This does not constitute legal advice. Seek appropriate counsel for such matters.

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Mustang:

You must have had a hell in those days.

I saw a program last night about these "people".
    They said that 1 percent of the American people are psychopaths.
    There are degrees of psychopathy though.
    This man; Bob Hare made a chart You can score a maximum of 40 points.
    Anyone scoring more than 26 points is considered to be one.
    I'm trying to locate this chart so I can make a better evaluation
    of this person. From what I've seen he fits every aspect.
    Dangerous times. If anyone on this forum knows anything
    about Hare's work and can point me toward this chart
    that would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

• avishai
    avishai

Interestingly enough, the literature on sociopaths says that psychiatric treatment actually makes psychopaths worse! They learn from the counseling how to become even more effective manipulators.

• mustang
    mustang

I believe it, Avishai.

I think Dad was one before he encountered the dubz. Afterward, he found SCRIPTURAL reasons for his tricks. They are a clever lot, indeed.

Avenger, I'll be interested in that test, too. I'll take it posthumously for the old man, based on his typical reactions.

Mustang

• avengers
    avengers
    Interestingly enough, the literature on sociopaths says that psychiatric treatment actually makes psychopaths worse! They learn from the counseling how to become even more effective manipulators.

Right on the button. According to research by Bob Hare they miss a certain chemical for the brain.
    He compares it with colorblindness. You cannot teach a colorblind person to discern colors,
    no matter how much therapy. These persons seem to be "emotionblind"
    No matter how much therapy they still will not be able to discern emotions.
    They can't. They will only get smarter.
    I'll hunt down the Hare chart. If anyone finds it before me,,,,, Andy and thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit