When You Were A Witness---Were You Ever On A Spiritual "High"?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

............The faces of a Jehovah's Witness from beginning to end.

• Larry
    Larry

Yes, I was on spiritual highs when I was in Field Service with this wheelchair bound guy - at the time we were best friends. We talked about everything under the sun, it was great. I had so much fun in Field Service with him that I didn't think it was right to report the time :) Needless to say, when I left he warned everybody about speak with me. And of course the spiritual high had nothing to do w/ J-hova but with the company and conversation. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Peace - LL :)

• Fleur
    Fleur

ROFL minimus!

are you serious? i never felt it...just felt massively depressed...alllll the time. the closest thing to a 'religious experience' i ever had was hearing something like 45000 people sing song 113 once about dedication at a district convention. it was moving, all the voices, but it bothered me somehow. now i know why, it was the sound of the Collective.

fleur

• codeblue
    codeblue

ok...I admit...I felt I had a spiritual high when I had some studies....or good return visits where I got to use the Bible.

It was good for me to have those "highs" because I was going thru some pretty terrible things in my life and those "highs" helped me feel "worthwhile".

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit