Have you ever sprain something ?

by Xandria 22 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((Xandria))))))))))))) OUCH !!!

Like everyone has said- keep it elevated as much as possible and ice etc.

I can relate. I had a severe inversion sprain w/ my right ankle. It literally folded right over. The ligament got so stretched out that it kept happening again and again. I'd be walking along and *POOF*, down I'd go. And every time it happened again the ligament just got more and more stretched out.

Finally, a couple of years ago I had surgery to shorten that ligament so it would stop happening.

Unfortunately, while I was in the cast for that surgery, I fell down the stairs and broke the other ankle in 3 places and ended up like this for 12 weeks:

Take care of yourself there Xandria !!!!!

Hugs at ya !! Hope you are feeling better soon !!!

XW

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

heianderen:
    I didn't know that, thank you!

I'll, look into that.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear X poor sweetie. So sorry to hear of your demise. I too have sprained my ankle many many times. Once on my way to work I was going a hundred miles and hour down a flight of stairs and when I got to the bottom I pounced and twisted my ankle so bad I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Ice paks are the best route. I know its cold , but trust me it works. I had my baby left toe broken and my whole foot was swollen and black and blue. I broke it between two sheets in the bed. One of the sheets had wrapped around my toe and I pulled the blanket real hard and then my toe snapped. Yucky. it was so sore. Once again Ice was my friend.

So as others have said and suggested try the ice and the E salts for best results and before you know it you'll be doing summersaults again.

So huggies and kisses from

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit