Blatant Lie, or is it possible?

by pseudoxristos 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I?m wondering if anyone else has heard of such, and how to politely tell him he is full of crap.

For this to have the most impact, you need to have cash on hand; go to the bank and withdraw 5000.00. when you get a chance to meet with this witness again, show him the money, let him feel it, and tell him it is all his if he can find an unbound WT that has the "fixed" text.

• gumby
    gumby
    For this to have the most impact, you need to have cash on hand; go to the bank and withdraw 5000.00. when you get a chance to meet with this witness again, show him the money, let him feel it, and tell him it is all his if he can find an unbound WT that has the "fixed" text.

This might sound like humour, but I'll bet it would work. Imagine....a money crazed dub, frantically looking for a magazine that doesn't exist, gets so pissed he abbandons the witnesses, drives his car into the wall of the hall at midnight, and forgets to collect the 5 grand. It could happen.

Gumby

• mustang
    mustang

Now 5K$ is steep, but a RETRACTION would be worth a modest price of admission

Likely they haven't done one of those in a century; certainly not in the days of the CD Library!!!

Mustang

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    With regards to your apologetic dub friend: give it up for now. If God Himself came down and told him the WTS was full of shit, he would think he had some demon attack. You CANNOT reason with dubs unless they are ready. The teacher only arrives when the student is ready. Bide your time, my friend. And be prepared for the very sad fact that the student might never be ready. Some people just like to live in ignorance and all the facts and logic in the world will not move them from that ignorance.

So true. When I told my mom-in-law about the WTS-UN affiliation, she said there must be a good reason and that she stands behind the society no matter what. The only thing that would change her mind would be if Jehovah himself came down from heaven and spoke to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit