Time to get on with it

by onacruse 37 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks for the thread, ona. I shoulda posted, but I've been too angry to discuss this topic lately!

What you said,

I've had several "experiences" this last month; brought up bloody bloated stinking rotten corpses...too personal to explain.

Me, too, a couple months ago. Unfortunately, sometimes my anger flares up at inappropriate times, but I think I have a good handle on it now.

Once again, thanks for expressing my feelings as well.

HUGS to you and Kate. I hope things are better for you soon.

talesin

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Craig, for the record I haven't read every post but two things come to mind: Something coming up into your awareness doesn't mean you've had a setback or is not making progress, it just means you are aware of it - which may in fact be progress if the same stuff has been there but you just become more aware of it.

The other thing is seeing it doesn't really do the trick - you have to be touched by it, engaged and connected with it so that it's one with you - because it is - rather than treat it as just information separate from you when you know it is a part of you. Bashing the external reflections of it or even the internal will not do it. Obviously you're not going to erase the past, but when I babble on in my many messages what I'm really pointing to is something which cannot be changed by the JW experience or any experience, it can't be taken from you. When you recognize it you'll see it was always there, even before the JWs.

• avishai
    avishai

Farkel, I would LOVE to hear some rachmaninoff

He's one of my faves. I'd like to give the analogy about him to my bro as well.

Damn the WTS and their arrogance. Damn them for not notifying the authorities and allowing THOUSANDS more children to be molested than had too. Damn them for continuing the pretence and not giving the victims justice. Damn them for killing so many with their draconian policy's. Damn the batards to hell. And, god, if your their, open the eyes of all the others still in.

Your damn straight I wann hear some Rachmaninoff

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Whats up Craig?

Doesn't sound happy. Do you really hate all those that don't fit into the exjw mode here? or do you just hate being am exjw? If JWs have ruined your life so much, maybe you need to move on away from it all. Totally.

I wish you well

Scoob

• onacruse
    onacruse

The "moving on, leave it"...yes.

Some people I know have so done.

Most people I know, haven't.

This is a demon that crouches on the door of our souls; or perhaps, more like that dark, sinister, ominous raven that sits on our window sill.

So, a couple of personal questions (if you don't mind):

Doug--you've been "out" for decades. Why are you still "here"?

Scott--you've been "out" for decades. Why are you still "here"?

• searcher
    searcher
    searcher , I didn't mean my characterization of your avatar as demeaning.

I never for a moment thought you did.

As a never was JW I can only try to transpose certain things I have had experience with and try to use them as a benchmark for understanding.

For example,

When I was 11 yrs old, I was in court with a cousin of mine, he had 20 cases of burglary, stealing from cars and shoplifting, against him, I had one case of receiving a stolen chocolate bar from him.

I was fined, he was sent to correction school.

However his mother blamed me and convinced 75% of my very large family that I had ?led him astray? they wanted nothing to do with me from that point on (still don?t).

So I use that experience to try and understand shunning.

Not perfect but it?s the nearest I can get.

• avishai
    avishai

Doug--you've been "out" for decades. Why are you still "here"?

Scott--you've been "out" for decades. Why are you still "here"?

Well, I'm not either one of those guys, Craig. But I'm still here because of my brother who was raped at 4 years old, more than once, and his friends who were raped by the same monster and all the other kids that were. I'm here because of it helps me exorcise the fear of "demons" that was drilled into me at a young age, forcing me to cower under my covers at 6, because a wt article told of a family in Africa where the demons killed a child by wrenching it's head backwards. I'm here for those who are still afraid. I'm here because when they, the dubs come to my door, I shake like crazy from rage, but am still able to kindly, lovingly tell them the problems I have with them because of this site. I'm here because of kind words from you and your wife, and countless others that somehow make it ok. I love you, brother. And not in the JW sense, but we are brothers in pain, brothers in a foxhole, and brothers in the love that we bring to each other and every one else here.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm just here for the beer

No, seriously...
    I AM just here for the beer...

Ok, ok, maybe more than the beer. I enjoy the camaderie, the chance to chat to folks who "understand" when I come out with an off-the-wall comment occasionally (??), and with whom I can share life's experiences.

If I manage to do the impossible and actually help someone along the way, well, that's an incredible privilege (though quite, quite different from handling mics at the hall).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit