Time to get on with it

by onacruse 37 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

If you do the "work", there comes a "time."

There is so much I could say, and feel yet the need to say "what can I say"?

It's so hard, and yet so simple, to "get on" with our exJW life.

Damn that religion and yet damn me all the more if I let them continue to influence my life.

It's over.

From now on, as far as my participation on JWD, it will be only and simply to cut the guts out of that pathetic sociopathological antisocial mind-controlling cult.

I HATE WHAT THAT RELIGION HAS DONE TO ME, TO MY MARRIAGES, TO MY FAMILY, TO MY LIFE.

I HATE THE WTS, AND I HATE THOSE THAT DEFEND THEM.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

ONA,Your grievance is just.Often when we are wronged by even one person we can at times feel helpless and or inadequate,so we start to feel a loathing or hatred because of the wrong done to us.We cannot be indifferent toward those who have wronged us.I feel your pain as I too have lost 33 years of my life because of this cult.It is very hard to get on with it as you say, for me.I hope in time that we can indeed move on and the WT Society fades into distance memory.Take good care of yourself friend.

Blueblades

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

You know the cool thing, though? The WTS (and anyone else) has only as much power over you & your life & your feelings as you are willing to give them. If you're not willing to give them that control ... if you release it & move forward, then you win.

• searcher
    searcher

Hatred takes up a part of you that can and should be put to better use.

Take revenge by having a happy life.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Blades, I know you know my pain...

So many of us.

Dan-O

The WTS (and anyone else) has only as much power over you & your life & your feelings as you are willing to give them.

I disagree. Insofar as our lives are, unwillingly to us, twisted into pretzels by the conduct and incommunicado status of our dearest family: brothers, fathers, mothers, friends, former compatriots and good friends...neither we (nor can they) escape the consequences of "our" decisions."

It isn't a matter of power; more a matter of consequence.

searcher: You chose your avatar wisely. You are "searching," for something that you can never understand. You are "searching," and I am "cruising" for the same thing.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Disagree if you wish, Onacruse.

But as much as I hate drawing references from Biblical passages ... this is kinda like the story of Lot's wife. You can look back and be frozen in place. Or you can look forward & make the most of what lies before you. It's your choice.

• onacruse
    onacruse

sphere, you and Kate and I have, by convergent and divergent paths , come to face the "reality" of life :

Life is good! But the WTS never gave us a clue.

edited

Craig

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ona,

This past weekend my sister and bro-in-law celebrated thier 50th wedding aniversary. I really wanted to participate in some way, even if it was just sending flower's......but the family member handling the preperations, via my daughter, let it be known that all the arrangements had been made, thus no need for me to do anything.

Translated- my other sister (the DO's wife) was attending this party, along with the saintlike DO himself, SO just how would it be for them to witness my sister being happy about receiving flower's from thier dead (evil, satanic, miserable human being) of a df'd brother. I mean just how would it look???

Ona, I left jwd thinking I would probably never have to visist here again. But this cruel reminder of the destruction of my family relationship...sent me back here to soak up in comiseration with all of you.

So believe me I got the sense of what you said.

Danny

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YEAH CRUSER, I KNOW THE FEELINGS AND ANGER YOU TALK ABOUT.

I AM GOING TO MAKE ONE LAST MAILING "ABOUT THE UN" TO THE ADDRESSES OF JW'S THAT I HAVE.

AS FAR AS THOSE OF MY FAMILY WHO SHUN ME " AND ARE STILL ALIVE " ONCE- AGAIN- I AM GOING TO DISENGAGE AND SEE IF I CAN JUST LIVE MY LIFE AND LEAVE ALL THAT BEHIND ME.

IT BOTHERS ME, THAT NOT A DAY GOES BY, THAT I DON'T THINK ABOUT AND SOMEWHAT RELIVE THE PAST, WITH DISSAPPOINTMENT AND FRUSTRATION.

ALL OF THIS USES UP TOO MUCH OF TODAY, WHEN MOST OF IT, IS FROM YESTERDAY.

IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME, THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TOTALLY PUT ALL THAT IN THE PAST AND FORGET IT. BUT I OUGHT TO BE ABLE MINIMIZE ITS EFFECT ON A DAILY BASIS.

TRIED IT BEFORE AND IT DIDN'T LAST. DAMN IT, I HOPE IT WORKS THIS TIME.

BEST WISHES TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY.

Outoftheorg

• nowisee
    nowisee

probably a lot of us have moved on to one degree or another -- and for me it is 28 years later. i have a new life, yet the wts influence reaches out from the past.

i find it interesting that so many are drawn here.

i think that those who have come here represent not necessarily free persons, but the flip side of the "jw in good standing" coin. the fact that we are here proves that they still have influence in our lives if only in a negative way.

i think when we are really free we won't think about them anymore. yet is that ever possible when our very existence is full of questions -- all of the questions for which they seemed to have answers; answers in which we all believed at least at one time.

perhaps when we have absolutely clear and definitive answers is when their influence will cease. do you think that will ever happen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit