My first concert, after 30 years...

by onacruse 22 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Can you believe that?????

Yes, it's true.

The last concert I went to was 30 years ago: George Benson, and only because he was a "brother."

Last night: John Mayall. Kate bought me his latest CD, as a birthday present (last month), and then she saw that he was performing last night, at the Alladin theatre.

She shook his hand, we bought his latest CD (signed, which I'm listening to right now).

Tomorrow, at the request of my "worldly" and 25-year-long business partner (a soul-friend), and the other guys on the job--I'm taking my "boom-box" to the site, and we're gonna shake the sheetrock off the walls!!!!

• Valis
    Valis

Awesome onanism! Glad you had a good time man. Always good to go to a rockin concert!..As a geriatric you would do well to try and get out more!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

very cool....

I have seen/heard George a couple times in current times.. but I didn't go cuz he was a brother. . JVC usually does a special jazz concert at the Hollywood bowl and he is usually part of the line up. I missed it this year though.. :(

Nice that you guys had a special evening and enjoyed seeing John Mayall!

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL

My hair (what little of it is left!) was blowing off the back of my ears.

My bones are still ringing.

Buddy Whittington (a Texas boy ) plays one damn mean lead guitar...oh yeah!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Glad you enjoyed it.

You're gonna have to go to a few more concerts, Craig, and become a connoisseur!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Damn Craig,

This might be the beginning of something.

Jst2laws

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Craig and Kate,

I am glad that you enjoyed Mayall, and am especially glad that he is still alive. I saw him perform in Hammersmith thirty-seven eight years ago ( my God! ) just after Pete Green joined him for a stint. He looked old then, a bit like the used end of a roll-ya-own cigarette.

His exceptional talent was recognizing chemistry in the most unlikely mix of musicians and bringing them together in unique bands for a few weeks at a time. I still play his 'Laurel Canyon' occasionally.

Music imho is one of the very few things worth living for, life being the overrated waste of air that it is.

Best regards - HS

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ozzie:

You're gonna have to go to a few more concerts...and become a connoisseur!!

Well, man-o'-the-same-age-class, I daresay you and and I have gone through similar, though somewhat divergent, growth curves.

But, even in so saying, I venture yet again into my inherent disposition to hyper-analyze...and the music is calling to me.

Craig (of the "watch me dance in front of the stage in my speedos")

• blueyes
    blueyes

Craig (of the "watch me dance in front of the stage in my speedos")

NOOOOOOOOOO!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Steve:

This might be the beginning of something.

Yes. As with you and Joy , life after the non-life of JWism. The onion is peeling, and very quickly.

HS, John is not only alive and well (at 70 years old, his "Bluesbreakers and Friends" cd)...but that man celebrated his life on-stage last night, like a man on fire.

"You don't stop until you drop."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit