Biking for a reason...

by Evesapple 18 Replies latest social physical

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Kate, that would be awesome! You keep in touch and let me know what you want to do. We start day two at mile 135 (Steve's mom's house) and you are more than welcome to drive up and spend the night there so you can take off with us in the morning. It leaves day two at 70 miles, pretty do-able!

We will be there too, with the kiddies, and driving to Portland to meet them at the end. The house is huge, and Steve's mom loves company.

• Princess
    Princess
    it was not just a rain out, we've rode in rain...but we've hade torrential downpours due to severe thunderstorms....there were flash flood warnings

Well, that changes things a bit! A friend and I got caught in a downpour last month. It was hideous and my road bike has slicks so I was slipping and sliding around on the hills. Scared the crap out'a me. We made it back to the ferry and missed two of 'em while having a couple beers in the pub.

The house is huge, and Steve's mom loves company.

Yep, all true. You met her last year at Lew's house.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Rachel:

Kate, that would be awesome! You keep in touch and let me know what you want to do. We start day two at mile 135 (Steve's mom's house) and you are more than welcome to drive up and spend the night there so you can take off with us in the morning. It leaves day two at 70 miles, pretty do-able!

70 miles even seems doable to me now! That just might be a plan, let me know the dates okay, I've also lost that link you sent me if you could send it again I'll check it out. I would love to do the last half with you all!!

We will be there too, with the kiddies, and driving to Portland to meet them at the end. The house is huge, and Steve's mom loves company.

Well cool! Yes I remember meeting Steve's Mom and if you are sure she won't mind another couple of people staying I'm game!

Anyway I'll keep in touch and keep riding (training)lol.

Hugs!

Kate

• Princess
    Princess

Kate, it's www.cascade.org all the STP details are there. The more the merrier!

I'm impressed! It was just last month that a few miles was overwhelming to you. See how quickly you adapt to training?

OK, after this week I'm going to get serious about biking. I'm having a hard time switching from running 'cause I just want to run. Last weekend I rode 50 miles, then 28 a couple days later. Then I ran, then ran again...and again. Ran again today. sigh....

Rachel (going to ride seriously after I get home from Dallas)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I'm impressed! It was just last month that a few miles was overwhelming to you. See how quickly you adapt to training?

LOL I've been rather impressed with how fast I'm coming back too, it's been really good for me!

I'm having a hard time switching from running 'cause I just want to run. Last weekend I rode 50 miles, then 28 a couple days later. Then I ran, then ran again...and again. Ran again today. sigh....

LOL that made me think of "Run Forest run!".........

Okay I'm off to check out that link, btw thanks! I'm hoping it's mid July.......

Have fun in Dallas!

Kate

• onacruse
    onacruse

One of the stupidest things I've ever said in my life, when Kate and I were discussing how to make room in the U-Haul when she moved up here:

"Well, maybe you could sell your bicycle, and we could buy another one later."

LOLOLOL...the voltage surge took the entire Pacific NW Verizon network off-line for 20 minutes.

I'll never live that one down.

Craig

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Best wishes for a great, productive ride Evesapple! Good for you!

Craig - LOL!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((seeitall)))

Craig - LOL!

Don't encourage him! He's just now starting to appricate the value of a custom built bike and why I keep it locked up in the house. It's my baby, Craig's jealous!

Kate

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

he'll learn in time....like Princess I've always been a runner, no real attachment to my bike. Now, since my training I'm so attached to it, and very protective.

Thanks for your support seeitall......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit