What happens when Bethelites are too old, infirm, or disturbed to work?

by True North 28 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Explain if they offically have no control. Then what else are they?

Sure they are doing "pastoral work". But how do you explain them they officaly do nothing and are not appointed. They are just anointed at bethel that people label the governing body and treat as "boss".

w01 1/15 p. 29 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation ***

Clearly, then, the members of the Governing Body cannot be voted into office by the membership of any legal corporation.

Continuing, the speaker made this very significant statement: "The governing body does not have officers such as the Society?s Board of Directors has, namely, president, vice president, secretary-treasurer and assistant secretary-treasurer. It has merely a chairman." For many years, the president of the Pennsylvania corporation was also the foremost member of the Governing Body. This would no longer be the case. While not equal in experience or ability, Governing Body members would be equal in responsibility.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Heh - if they're lucky, they become Governing Body members.

:)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I Personally know this ex-bethelite that was given the boot once he became seriously ill and needed continuous treatment.

To this day he remains faithful to the Org, awaiting Paradise anxiously, and receiving all kinds of financial help from the Government 'til his dying day.

Awwww... what a loving Mother Organization. And this Government they're so against is the only one helping him survive.

DY

• Alfred
    Alfred

The Society wants nothing to do with older bethelites or aging career pioneers after they've outlived their usefulness... They're perfectly content kicking them to the curb or letting some generous brother or the government deal with them...

Sorry, that's not entirely accurate... they do care about the ones who might possibly have some property or cash stashed away...

• mP
    mP

I think its pretty obvious if they are too old or perhaps have lost their mental faculties they must be possessed by the devil. After all didnnot Jesus himself say the same thing when he cured people ? If jesus says old and sick are that way because of devils and spirits then its only right that the WTS throws out the infected ones to keep the org pure.

• Zordino
    Zordino

I think they just put them out on the curb with their trash. But in the recycling Bin... The WT is going Green.

On a serious note, I feel sorry for anyone who is not supported during their time of need. and these A**hole GB and company want to run the world after the big A? I would rather die with the rest of the 7 billion God's gona butcher soon.

They don't really give a shit about unusefull folks. They are a people hating cult! They Hate the "world" and everyone in it, hence their stupid belief in a world wide genocide. Can we expect anything better from these Bastards?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a cruel cult.

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

They could at least line the curb with pillows.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Designs... I know a CO (from the 1980 fallout) who had his boxes neatly lined up along the curb... they weren't very many boxes so the bethelite who did this couldn't really count any time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit