How Many of You Felt That The "End" Would've Been Here By Now???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I now give NO thought to the "great tribulation" or "Armageddon". I just don't worry about it....

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

What?! It hasn't come yet???

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I thought for sure we wouldn't see the year 2000; and here we are 2004!

DY

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

[[ From Prisila:I remember 1986 "the year of peace" we had the special assembly in woodland hills, ca. I remember having a knot in in my throat during the song. I must have been about 12. I thought for sure that was the end! I never thought I'd see 2000 or my 30th birthday. Next week I'm 31. Funny huh?]]

I remember in 1985 the UN declared the,"International year of peace and security".The 'brothers' all said that this was it,""the long awaited proclamation of peace and security""(1 Thess.5:3)

I had $30,000.00 saved and I dumped it in the contribution box,edgy that i might be found a sluggard and not serving jehovah to the fullest.In 1990 the S+L savings and loan scandal induced recession was upon me and I was unemployed and broke for 3 years.Five years later I have major surgery and work disabled for life.

Hmmmmm,how much would I have now, if I had put the $30K in a high yielding account? To,all you active JW dubs who come on here,to looksee,let me tell you most of us 'apostates' have some been through the Watchtower wringer.We have damn good reasons to be 'malcontents'.

Be Warned!It is a capital offense to proclaim phony "profitcy$" in God's name, and the judgement STARTS with the house of God.[Rev21:8]

The Watchtower is 'fraud in the name of God"

Watchtower Liar,this man on fire!

• Undaunted Danny
  • Prisila
    Prisila

OK, I made a mistake 1985. WOW! Sorry for your losses undaunted danny. I too have lost a lot! More than anything time, time i can never get back. That really hurts, too!

• minimus
    minimus

Danny, is that guy supposed to be a JW? He's cool.

• gidgetgirl
    gidgetgirl

When I was a little girl I calculated the time, and thought for sure that the new system would have been here by the time I was 22. i am 32. So i figured I 've lived on borrowed time for 10 years.

gidgetgirl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit