How Many of You Felt That The "End" Would've Been Here By Now???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

As a lot of ex-jw out there, I believed completly in the Watchtower doctrine, when I was a child. I always had this fear that Jehovah would not permit me to enter into the paradise because I wasn't baptized. Finally, I faded out of the org, with my parent, whitout ever being baptized and I'm glad of it. When I was a child, I was sure that this "old system of things" would not make it into the twenty-first century. I was even afraid of the thunderstorms, because it reminded me of those disturbing images, in the Watchtower publications.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

From reading all these I think I must have been just not born to be a dub, because I could scarcely relate to Armageddon at all. I think I was very confused by the whole thing, and I don't remember having any fantasies about what it would be like. I do remember looking at those ridiculous pictures and thinking "I don't want to live there if I have to dress like that!" when I was 12. I was very "worldly" at heart, as far back as I can remember.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Jehovah's Terrorist, (Dad), asked me on Saturday how I felt now that I thought his religion was wrong.

"It's wonderful, I'm free, I know that armageddon ain't gonna kill me, it isn't even real."

It took me fifty bloody years to wake up that his crap was just that.

Now we have agreed to not talk about it any more.

They won't feed me any more crap and I won't attack their faith in the WTBTS.

They are still talking to me and Dad apologised for saying "they've really got you, son."

I suppose that is about as good as I can get.

Going by many of the stories I have heard here, that is better than many of us get from our families.

Just as well I never got baptised, then it would have been a different story.

• Golf
    Golf

Min, there's no question in my mind that wickedness has to come to an end, as to when, well, I have no control over time. I'm a strong believer in time. Everything in due time.

As a life long competitor in sports, I don't give up. I didn't attach any significance to 1975. Whatever game plan the Creator has in store, it's not for me to check his hand. There are stronger foces at work.

OK, back to work.

Guest 77

• Schizm
    Schizm

*** Rbi8 Matthew 6:9-10 ***
    9 "Y OU must pray, then, this way:

"‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.

But there's one thing that nobody can deny, and that's that the WTS has its heart in the right place ... then (1914-1925-1975) and now (2004).

• Mary
    Mary
    But there's one thing that nobody can deny, and that's that the WTS has its heart in the right place

Surely you jest. It's one thing to promote a wrong date when you really, truely aren't aware that it's a false date. It's quite another thing when you KNOW that what you're promoting is a false date, but to save your own sorry ass and authority over the masses, you continue to promote it anyway. The Governing Body has been aware since the 1970s that 1914 has nothing to do with Christ's "Return" yet rather than admit they made a mistake and get rid of it, they systematically got rid of anyone and everyone who was aware of the truth. That way, their insane doctrine that Jesus "inspected his temple" in 1919 and approved of THEM as the F&DSC was unhampered. Without 1914, there's no 1919 and therefore their authority from Christ is bogus---and they know it.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    It's quite another thing when you [the WTS] KNOW that what you're promoting is a false date...--Mary

Just because there have been those who confronted the WTS with reasons for which it is thought to be a false date doesn't mean that the WTS accepts those reasons as having a solid foundation. Of course, I personally know that 1914 is a false date, but I don't really think the WTS believes that it is. I think the WTS is still stuck on 1914 because WW1 took place in that year. The WTS see that as having fulfilled prophecy, which makes it extremely difficult to get through to them.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i remember a 2 day circuit assembly in ... i 'd say 1978.. the next day on the school bus i recall looking out the window thinking wow from what that brother said yesterday , the new system will be here before im 21!!

then when i was in my mid 20s.. married with kids.. another assembly talk.. WOW from what that brother said the new system will be here before my oldest child graduates high school!

then when i was in my mid 30s they changed the "generation" meaning and i said ferget it. if it comes and i die.. i'll just be dead.

• Prisila
    Prisila

I remember 1986 "the year of peace" we had the special assembly in woodland hills, ca. I remember having a knot in in my throat during the song. I must have been about 12. I thought for sure that was the end! I never thought I'd see 2000 or my 30th birthday. Next week I'm 31. Funny huh?

• codeblue
    codeblue

Well...I never thought 1975 would be the "end" or any speculated date. After all, the Bible never gave dates to worry about.

I did however feel that times were "difficult" and never anticipated seeing my only son who is now 23....graduate from high school or get married.

Living a life of being a good person is the important thing....not living just for a date.

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit