Gasoline May 19

by Schizm 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

I had this sent to me this morning via e-mail. In the subject line it said: "S ee if you agree. This came from my aunt in calif. Gasoline May 19."

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR behind " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
    SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
  • JH
    JH

Where I live it's 99.9 cents a litre for the cheapest gas

We should all buy horses instead.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Just another email hoax.

If they were serious, they would pick a date not so in the immediate future. Give people a chance.. But that would give crudulity to the hoax.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'll just ride my horse to the store today.

Gasoline-Free CG!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Truthseeker,

Just another email hoax.

If they were serious, they would pick a date not so in the immediate future. Give people a chance.. But that would give crudulity to the hoax.

I really don't know when this first started being circulated. It just happened to reach me today. I doubt that it's a hoax. What I wonder about is whether or not there could be any possible negative repercussions from something like this. Is there a way that this could backfire on people, and they wind up paying even more for gasoline?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    We should all buy horses instead

Yeah. But then the whacko's will come out on how Horses are not good for the enviroment. Too much methane burning a hole in the ozon. Complaining on how the streets littered with their (ahem) droppings. People always complaining that their stepping in it and ruining their $300 tennis shoes.

Hey, Maybe we can all get in on the ground floor and invent the Horsie-Scooper!!! After all, who else is better than ex-JW's in dealing with horse-sh*t.

• gespro
    gespro

What do you guys mean 'hoax?' You do it or you don't - plain and simple...and it would be so easy to do!

I recall the name being the Great American Gasout. The date was set far enough in advance that some of us actually had a week to plan for it.

We tried to do this last year, the year before that and the year before that but it seems to get no where. That kind of mass cooperation isn't going to happen here because there really isn't a united state. Can someone explain why this will never work?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gespro,

We tried to do this last year, the year before that and the year before that but it seems to get no where. That kind of mass cooperation isn't going to happen here because there really isn't a united state. Can someone explain why this will never work?

Perhaps the price of gasoline isn't high enough YET?

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I read that it can't work because the gas companies track their profits weekly .. besides, if you don't buy gas Wednesday, won't you just buy it Tuesday or Thursday?

SLM

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

We own a NIssan Infiniti and its a high performance car and with the price of high test gasoline it costs he in my area $1.05 a litre thats right a litre.

Its disgusting how we are being treated by the gas stations and then they say its the price of crude that causes tremendous gas prices. Yes but don't be fooled the damn goverenment gets a fair chunk of that.

Yes everyone shouldn't buy gas for a day and then it would cause a mess.

I wonder if the new budget for Ontario that is to be today will give us a break and do something about this stupidity. I know other countries pay huge prices too, but hey give us a break

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit