NO School because of the BEAR

by Special K 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

That's right. No school for my kids today.

6 a.m. this morning a 250-300 lb black bear decided to take a stomp through our little town. They think it's about 2 or 3 years old.

Sheesh... what next?

Not enough officers to kind of steer it out of the town. Had to get help and then kind of corral it or steer it.

Since most kids walk to school. They didn't think it safe to open up this morning. They are right about that one. Wouldn't want a bunch of 5 year old meetin up with a distraught confused black bear on their walk to school.

The bear was going through back yards etc. Did some damage to some peoples property. I don't know exactly what it did.. but I'm sure I'll find out about it later.

Special K

• Valis
    Valis

SK...um I know somebody w/a shotgun..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

A bear? No problem!

Roswell, New Mexico has aliens!

Even though they have now been sighted by Mexican AirForce, they still seem to hang around New Mexico quite a bit. It's true. I read it in the National Inquirer!

EyeDrEvil

• shotgun
    shotgun

For gawds sake Sis

That was Gumby naked and high on his meds trying to take his first whiz after the operation!

To make sure listen for the little ritual he does after he has a pee...sounds like this!

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/The_Three_Bears/lt3b_028.wav

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Wow, we'd never have school here if they cancelled because there was a bear in town; we see a few every year. About 2 weeks ago, we found a fresh bear track right next to our mailbox.

One day a couple of years ago, I was cooking supper when I heard a car horn honk repeatedly outside. I looked out the window to see a bear taking its time to cross the street in front of my house, and some guy in a Volkswagen honking frantically at it to get out of the way (this is still New Jersey, after all).

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Reminds me of growing up in Florida. There were several instances of Alligators loose on the town. There was one time in Ormond beach, where an alligator was found sitting on the doorstep of our Kingdom Hall, and the newspapers came out, and this alligator was shown in the paper, along with the Kingdom Hall. We all joked about how it wanted to learn the truth-Fortunately, it was taken away before it had a chance to! (Had it learned, I bet now it would rather be a Change purse or Belt!!!)-LOL

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

We had a school lock down last week because of a drug theft that turned into a shoot out between the cops and the theives. Helicopters were circling over the roof tops for hours.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

They'll be safe so long as they don't taunt bald men.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, that is a good maxim for ALL people to live by!

• gumby
    gumby
    They'll be safe so long as they don't taunt bald men.

I was gonna say somethin like that. I'll bet you stole peoples comments when you were a dub too.....didn't ya?

Gumby

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

ROFL @ Six...

There won't be any problem as long as no one does anything stupid. Black Bears aren't super aggressive - he's probably just looking for a tasty snack.

Years and years and years ago I was camping in the Rockies and a black bear came walking out of the brush right through my camp site one morning. I'm a "city boy," and that scared the squirt right out of me! I made so much hysterical noise that the bear left to seek better company elsewhere. He moseyed over to a campsite that was unoccupied and in his bear-like manner completely destroyed just about everythng the absent hikers had left behind. It was something to see the ease with which he popped the lid off of their cooler, and he sampled every bit of food that was in it. Then he left. End of show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit