Communication from the subconscious

by seattleniceguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

wb SNG

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Seatle,

I think you are headed in the right direction,,most people give very little thought about their subconscious.

Even when we conciously know something,,it does not mean we really know it yet in the SC,,it seems to me that this connection you are makeing with the SC is getting stronger,,this is good.

Have you thought of self-hypnosis to reach the SC with positive affirmations??To make deeper changes.

Try reading some books on psychoanalysis,,Carl Jung may be a place to start,,you can find alot on these subject for free useing your search engine.

Good luck!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

itsallgoodnow,

When will that automatic response wear off? When you are so far away from it even your memory of it gets fuzzy?

No, when you are so close to it that you know you are it too, you are not making a separation between the JW thinking and the non-JW thinking, then it dissolves. This doesn't mean you believe in it, but you might say it is a matter of loving yourself, (rather than fighting with yourself) even the part that still might have a hint of JW mentality. Then it stops having a life of it's own, and it can become just a memory.

The basic difference of JW and free thinking folks is not the content, but the way it's processed or held. A while back I posted an observation about how JWs tend to divide, that is the fundamental difference. Don't create divisions within yourself, distinguish, but don't separate. Love is an inclusive movement, and that is what will render such brainwashing powerless.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

btw, since my posts here have been kind of dry and conceptual I thought I'd respond to the example about gay marriages. I now feel just as much love for them as any couple, even if it's gay men I can do that as a heterosexual man. But the first step for most people would be to include that part that might be judgemental and turned off, unification of this mind first and then with others.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have to come back to this one later as I have to get off to do some work. I have been suffering from many uncomfortable symtoms since my upsetting experiences in exiting the JWs. Strangely, I too have had a lot of pain in my throat and trouble swallowing, but it can't seem to be traced to anything in a medical exam. My nerves feel really shot too and painful like I am receiving constant electric shocks with continual pins and needles sensation...this all came about when I was awakening from my WT induced trance and beginning to come to grips with all or the denial I had being stuffing for years of being in the Org. I am very tired from it all and upset and angry. too I know that the physical is a result of the mental stress. Just seeing an elder in my congo makes my throat tighten and the nerve pain begins to shoot through me. I am trying to learn how to deal with it--in therapy--reading a lot of self help books too. It's a bit rough now, but I am planning to get to the other side of it.

Love and hugs to any who are suffering out there.

cybs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here an interesting essay about C. Jung,,very brief overview for any interested in pyschoanalysis:http://mind-brain.com/personality/jung.php

Edited to add you have to scholl down on the page to get the info.

• SYN
    SYN

The whole mind and body are one unit - they're an inseparable linked system. What you're describing is a very common reaction to large-scale emotional change. It wasn't very easy for me either - I quite literally felt sick to my stomach the day I made my decision to DA, so I know what you were going through!

"If the flood is true, how can it be that virtually all marsupials live in Australia?"

Because they're good swimmers and all of them just happened to like the weather Down Under! Doh! Or at least, that's the official position of most Pro-Deluvians!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I appreciate all the support and insight.

myauntfanny
    If my throat were closing up, I might think that there was something I wanted to say but couldn't let myself. Maybe you don't want to be such a nice guy? Maybe you want to tell off some JWs?

An interesting idea, but I don't think that's it. I don't think that would make me feel particularly much better, and I don't think it would help them to grow.

Cicatrix
    I see them as a kind of warning system now, and try to find out what the trigger is, although sometimes I can't place my finger on it.

I'm glad you mentioned this idea of triggering. Almost exactly one year ago, I quit my job at Microsoft to pioneer, and in the final weeks I went through some serious stress and a major crisis of faith over it. I came really, really close to accepting the truth on May 26, 2003. Perhaps this episode is being triggered by the season and the year-anniversary. It seems very likely to me right now.

Markfromcali
    We buy into these models of consciousness and the mind

I realize that the concepts of conscious and subconscious are just concepts, but I think they work well. The idea of a part of my mind that is not bound by ego and thus can be totally honest and simple fits with my experience.

frankiespeakin
    Have you thought of self-hypnosis to reach the SC with positive affirmations??To make deeper changes.

Try reading some books on psychoanalysis,,Carl Jung may be a place to start,,you can find alot on these subject for free useing your search engine.

I haven't thought about self-hypnosis before, but perhaps I'll examine that. On the subject of psychology books, I've read a few with great interest, but I need to read a lot more. I'd like to read some Jung, and also some Fromm. (My friend raves about the latter.) I just finished The Road Less Traveled (M. Scott Peck), and I found it to be very insightful with regard to growth and love.

So thanks again everyone for your help. You guys are great. :)

SNG

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    I realize that the concepts of conscious and subconscious are just concepts, but I think they work well. The idea of a part of my mind that is not bound by ego and thus can be totally honest and simple fits with my experience.

Hi Seattle, yeah all I'm saying is don't get lost in it - and in fact I'm pointing out there is something deeper than the subconscious that you DO have access to.

Generally, I would say use what works - work at multiple levels. What I had described in that post was basically meditation, natural meditation without being tainted by any method. The thing I like about this is while it may not be the thing that does the trick for the particular situation, it goes that deep. Meanwhile see what you can work with, but frankly this is the 'final frontier' if you will, I've found nothing to be so thorough as deeply looking at your own mind, tracing back beyond the conceptual frameworks.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Perhaps this is happening out of a fear that my exposure to 25 years worth of such attitudes has tainted me, that I have been sullied somehow with the very critical attitude that I so detest.

Possible. Possible that, w the encouragement of the wt, you have constructed a subpersonality (we do this naturally from the time we are born). Possibly what you detest is that subpersonality. If so, rejection/suppression is not the way to eradicate it. A better action is what eyedrevil and mark have suggested. That would be to hold that feeling in your thoat for as long as you can and just observe/explore it. From where does it come, etc? Plumb it's deapths.

As eydrevil said, we have been programmed to do. In you observing of the feeling, the idea is not to do anything but observe; no judging, no rejecting, no labelling. As you meditate in this process, you may find yourself merging with it, per eydrevil, becoming it. Conversely to normal expectation, it may well dissapate into nothing, from which it originally came. You have nothing to fear in this thought exploration.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit