Daughter Dating DUB Update (Really Long)

by Corvin 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

This is an update regarding my 17 yo who was dating an unbaptized publisher, Carl,18.

When he first began dating her I sat them both down and made sure Carl understood that he was visiting the home of a DF?d brother who also be considered by the Society to be an apostate. I gave him this direct info not wanting to encroach upon his conscience incase he was maintaining a good one, and incase he was looking to make progress in the JW congregation. I asked him if it were in his plans to get baptized (18 is pretty old for one not be baptized especially when they have grown up in the org). He said "maybe, sometime in the future.

He told me it did not matter since he felt his association with me would be very limited. (False reasoning according to the Society, but I let him off the hook). After a while I got the idea that he would tell me anything he thought I wanted to hear in order to keep dating my daughter. He spent a lot of time in my home; watching movies, family dinners, long conversations (with me) and just hanging out in general.

I made it very clear to him that while nobody here in this household would ever discourage him from his "spiritual goals", that I would have to insist that he did not ever become a source of pressure for my daughter to get sucked in to the organization. I stated that if something like that were to happen we would all have a very big problem. He gave me his word he would not pressure her to come in to the organization.

They dated . . . one night his mother called me to ask if I was OK with the situation. I said yes, and that I liked Carl. He was becoming like family. She said that she adored my daughter and hoped she would one day both she and I would come back to Jehovah. I thanked her for her sentiments, but told her frankly that it would never happen. Her main concern was not that her son?s spirituality might be in danger, but that I might throw his butt in jail should he and my daughter cross the line and have sex. I reassured her that I felt they were close enough in age, that dating is not an issue for me, that I would not blame her son for anything my daughter might willingly consent to. She sounded relieved.

I remember a conversation I had with my daughter and I was tactfully pointing out that Carl is acting inconsistent with the rules and policies of the org, that there is a conflict. His mother is certainly pressuring him to get baptized and serve the org, and there will come a time when they think you are hooked into the relationship enough to where they will consider Carl just the right bait to get you to start coming to meetings and get baptized as well. I said that the both of you will be used to lure each other back into the org. I warned her that the scenario Carl is playing out will most likely end up with him getting sex out of the deal then go running back to his mommy and the congregation for safety. He would say something like, "phewwww, I am so glad I escaped that apostate household!" Then go through the baptism questions without disclosing to the elders he effed my daughter a couple times before he got all spiritual.

Carl began manifesting a cruel spirit with my daughter and played some pretty shi**y tricks on her. His real personality began to come out. He was becoming a real punk-ass. I waited and did not say anything because I wanted my daughter to see it for herself.

One day I had purchased a futon for one of my daughters and had it set up in time to surprise her when she came home from school. Carl came in with them and we all went into the bedroom to see my daughter?s reaction to the new futon. Carl walked over to my other daughter?s bed (the daughter he was dating) gave the mattress a couple of bounces with his hand while looking at me and smirking. This was his way of telling me he had had sex with my daughter right there on that bed. The little SOB. I let it go, for now.

The two of them ended up doing the deed one night while everyone was gone, on that bed. A couple days later, Carl took my daughter up to the Special Talk at the Assembly Hall in Escondido. On the way home, Carl suddenly got a case of conscience and said to her, (mind you this is after he got some), "I don?t think this is going to work out. I want to get baptized and serve Jehovah, and if you don?t want to then I don?t think it will work out . . . " BINGO! Just like I said. That?s when my daughter should have remembered my warning and said to him, "good, OK, then let?s just break up and you go and serve Jehovah", then just walk away like the smart girl I know she can be. But no, she had invested too much into the relationship and she could not see the wisdom in letting him go.

(Ironically, the special talk was about having a double heart/leading a double life)

She told me what happened. She also admitted she should have walked away but just did not have the strength to. I intervened.

I spoke to Carl alone and told him he was too unsteady and wishy-washy. I pointed out that he was violating his own standards and that the religious conflict would not allow the relationship to stay on a healthy level. I told him he couldn?t date my daughter and live a lie. He then told me that he "tried to break up", but they just kept it going. I then said, "Well, here is what you are going to do. You are going to just walk away. It?s over."

Carl asked, "is that what you want me to do?"

"No, it is what you are going to do", I said. "Since you want to get baptized and serve Jehovah, but can?t seem take any action toward it, I am going to make it easy for you. And if you tell my daughter we had this conversation, I am going to hand you your hypocritical little ass."

He just stood there breathing hard and looking like he was going to have a heart attack, then he left.

In stead of breaking up with her he made another power play. He thought her loyalty to him would be stronger than her family. Big mistake. He did succeed in temporarily confuse her, but again, I intervened.

I called his mother and told her that it would be in her son?s best interest to discourage him from trying to contact my daughter again. She said I could not give my blessing for them to date then take it away. I said, "Oh, hell yes I could".

She was afraid I would turn her son into the police for having sex with a minor, but I assured her I had no intention of doing that. He just needs to stay away from my daughter is all. She warned me that if something were to happen to her son, that I would be the first one she would suspect. I laughed. She warned me that everyone would know that I gave my blessing then changed my mind and that I would also get in trouble. Again, I laughed and said, "look, you might be able to get some mileage out of that kind of threat with the Witnesses, but in the real world where I live, I get to say when, who and how my daughter dates. The authorities are not interested in my parenting skills at this point, but only the fact that your son is over 18 and my daughter isn?t. And believe me when I tell you that I could care less what any of the Witnesses think . . . and the only Witness I will ever let my daughter date is an X-Witness"

Later, Carl was on the phone, and I reminded him that he was not to see my daughter anymore. This is when the real Carl comes slithering out; he calls me "a little bitch" says, "Fu*k you", and promises me that if he ever sees me again that I will be on the ground because he is going to kick my ass. I laughed and invited him over so that he can show me what he is talking about.

To make a longer story shorter, they are broken up. My daughter was upset at first and blamed me. After a lengthy conversation in which I went over the entire scenario with her, she walked over to me, hugged me, and told me she loved me and that she was sorry for being mad at me when it was Carl she should have blasted instead.

Corvin

[edited to say] It is truly a drama-filled world in JW land. Since I left the org, there has been no drama in my life. It only took a JW or two to try to turn our lives upside down. The only drama I ever have in my life is when there is a JW involved. Funny isn't it?

• Valis
    Valis

Good one on you Corvin! One can't have his cake and Jehovah too..

Maybe you will get the opportunity to bestow upon him a bit of loving counsel up side his dubbie brain..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• desib77
    desib77

You handled that very well. I wish my parents would have seen through the "Carls" that I was interested in when we were all JWs.

Desi

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    edited to say] It is truly a drama-filled world in JW land. Since I left the org, there has been no drama in my life. It only took a JW or two to try to turn our lives upside down. The only drama I ever have in my life is when there is a JW involved. Funny isn't it?

Ain't it though?

If only all parents could find such good balance between friendship and fathership. Unfortunately, most go overboard on the fathership (but often in inconsistant spurts) and end up sucking at both, imo. You handled this very well.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm sorry your daughter had to learn about guys of this sort in such an unsavory manner.

Carl certainly showed his true colours, didn't he? And so did his mother! Carl's attitude toward your daughter now seems to be similar to the way I have heard some Jewish men refer to non-Jewish women: "Shiksas (gentile girls) are for practice". Now he can get baptized and never have to confess to the elders about having "gotten some" from an Apostate's daughter, and he can marry a nice virgin JW girl. He is such a creep!!

Maybe your daughter's mother (she is still a JW, isn't she?) would like to do the honours of turning him in to the elders??

In any case, I hope your daughter has sworn off JW guys for good. I'm glad you're there for her.

Love, Scully

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Congratulations, Corvin, well done! Thank goodness that your daughter has you.

So many non-JW girls get caught up with JW guys and have no one to help recognise the inconsistancies and manipulations. They know something isn't "right" but they can't figure out what it is and they "loooooooove" him. Most, sooner or later, get their hearts broken.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Maybe your daughter's mother (she is still a JW, isn't she?) would like to do the honours of turning him in to the elders??

Yes, she is still a JW in "good standing", but when I told her what happened she threatened to put ME in jail, LOL. It was just posturing and she couldn't possibly come up with anything to put me in jail over, but I am afraid she is leaning toward protecting him. I really believe that both my ex and Carl's mother were hoping that the two kids would be just the right bait for each other to lure them deep into the org.

But I tell my daughters, once you get baptized, they will own your ass.

Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin

One really does have the advantage over the JW's when he has seen and experienced firsthand all the hypocrisy, lies and double standards in action. I can tell the average JW what they are going to do even before they know it themselves. They are so predictable it makes me laugh. I was always a couple steps ahead of the little bastard and his mother, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. I knew I had to go through this with my daughter in order to teach her a valuable lesson . . . about playing with figurative fire, that is.

Valis, I like that: can't have his cake and serve Jehovah too. LOL. If he is ever stupid enough to front me off for cock-blocking him, he will learn a lesson about pissed off apostate fathers, LOL.

Corvin

• shotgun
    shotgun

Corvin I'll be calling you in 12 years when my girl starts dating...it better be at least 12 years.

You showed alot of self control and it paid dividends with your daughter.

Next time just get right up in her boyfriends face and tell him to remember one thing...Whatever he does to your daughter your going to do to him!

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Corvin.

Who said raising kids was going to be always easy.

Glad your daughter has got you to catch all these "rats".

Very nice she has a dad who loves her unconditionally.

I'm sure this whole thing was an emotional rollercoaster for you.

I don't think you'll hear much from Carl anymore. He showed his true lilley-livered varment spots.

sincerely

Special K

Your right about getting mixed up with most any J.W. even in a casual basis. It leads to such weird things happening. It's kind of like an infection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit