THE END is no longer...

by Martini 26 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

To be continued on another thread....

• zagor
    zagor

I've had a conversation with one of my relatives few months ago and it seems to me that now they are emphasising Jesus' words that "no one knows except father" i.e. it may or may not happen in this "generation". I said did to him "did you just discover that paragraph, because it has been there all the time and yet it didn't stop you from making predicitions" Of course, there is always that joker card argument of "light getting brighter as the dawn draws near" ya know

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    ...I simply say we do not know when the end will come....

By George, I think she has it!

Really, it ruined William Miller and left him totally discredited. It also damaged Ellen G. White and caused the collapse of many other adventist sects. The Lord left clues in the scriptures as a way to tell the seasons, but the Governing Body has unfortunately negated almost all of them. These include the dispersion of Judah following the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple, the apostasy of the ancient church, its being driven into the wilderness for 1260 years, the reestablishment of Israel by Judah, the building of the third temple, the rise of the Antichrist (Gog), the appearance of two prophets who will stand against him, their destruction and resurrection, and then the return of Jehovah/Jesus to the Mount of Olives. (See Zechariah 12-14, Ezekiel 38-39, Revelation 12, 14) As one sees these things begin to happen in the Middle East, one can see these events begin to come together; however, if you mislead the people into thinking unrelated events in the United States are fulfillments, then it's a classic case of the blind leading the blind.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    ...now they are emphasising Jesus' words that "no one knows except [the] Father."

Yes, except that was said two thousand years ago. I suspect the Son now knows when it will be. Amos said that surely the Lord would do nothing save he revealed his secrets to his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7)

We know that the Lord will raise up two prophets who will minister to the Jews for three years. After that, Gog will overcome the prophets and kill them. Their bodies would lie on the streets of Jerusalem for three and a half days. Then they will resurrect in view of their enemies and ascend into heaven to meet the returning Jehovah, or Christ. Thus anyone who knows prophecy and can count will be able to know the time of the Lord's coming. The two prophets may also know (especially if they can count).

So if there are prophets on the earth, they are likely to be privy to the Lord's secrets. If the GB are prophets, then they will know. So far, though, that seems to be a long shot.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe the two prophets are buried somewhere in the 40,000 or so Christian sects that are currently operating in the world today .

Just saying.

smiddy

• Landy
    Landy
    Holy thread resurrection batman
  • prologos
    prologos
    The "end" question was last tackled by the Marco Rubio look alike on LW GB tv, in the chart video of the overlapping Anointed generation, and to estimate it's possible length, the case of Frederic Franz was used, who died in 92, ~80 years after his anointing. A modern day anointed in similar circumstances would push the "end" right off that chart, past the anniversary date of 2075. The hypothetical brother in the OP, in his mid 40ies, will be past 177 by then, ready for another overlap. Is not 4 overlaps the limit in an olympic relay? patience everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit