Disfellowshipped.....

by New Castles 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

Yesterday I saw an old friend from a long time ago, like when we were kids. I went up to her and said hi. She responded a shy hello. When I asked how she was doing she responded that she was disfellowshipped. At first my JW thinking kicked in and I recoiled. She kept walking and I went after her and let her know that didnt matter to me anymore. We had a long talk and exchanged info to keep in touch. It was liberating and I know she felt good not being ignored by someone else. Just wanted to share that with everyone...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Well done New Castles!

Disfellowshipping is a horrible practice!

DY

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

That was nice. You probably had a big impact on her. I can imagine the good feeling she had when she wasnt ignored. I hope you keep in touch with her.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

It must have been a touching moment, thanks for sharing that with us.

You know, I knew a few young guys in my area that was disfellowshipped, and I remember people in car groups saying 'so weird those disfellowshipped people all hang out together' - well for one thing, who else do they have? But more to the point has it occurred to your insensitive hearts that maybe, just maybe because they were so hurt that their hearts has opened up in love to each other, as opposed to you judgemental fools??

• New Castles
    New Castles

I totally understand, never quite understood the desfellowshipping thing anyway...

Stef, I will definitely keep in touch

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Bravo, New Castles...

Didn't JC say that his followers would be identified by the LOVE they showed to their fellow man?

YOU showed love. DISFELLOWSHIPPING is NOT a loving provision or policy.

EyeDrEvil

• shotgun
    shotgun

New castles

That must have really made her day, good on ya!

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

No only is it not a loving practice, but it not a just one. There is no justice in putting out a friend because of a mistake. Forgiveness is a much more loving reaction.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

That was very nice, new castle.

Yes, please keep in touch with her. She needs a friend.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I'm proud of you for being able to do what your heart told you, and not blindly following those rediculous "outcast" rules. I'm sure your friend is going through a bad time right now, and the love and kindness you showed her was greatly appreciated.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit