Why JW Enemies Will Fail? - A Consultant's Analysis

by reason 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reason
    reason

As an IT business consultant, i always use Michael Porter's Competetive Forces Model to assess whether a firm's e-business strategy will give them a competitive advantage against competitor's.
    The competitive forces model identifies five forces in the industry that a firm needs to contend with to become successful. These forces are the:
    1) Bargaining power of customers
    2) Bargaining power of suppliers
    3) New entrants into the market
    4) Substitute products and services
    5) Existing competitors

Assuming the WTS is a business and the product is the JW association and teachings. Why will apostates fail to compete with the WTS? Let us examine them one by one.

FIVE FORCES
    Bargaining power of customers (the members)The 'switching cost' is to high. If a member leaves the WTS, he/she will suffer from being disfellowshiped and loose friends and family.

Bargaining power of suppliers (the apostates and other denominations)
    The apostates don't really have a tangible product to substitute the WTS product. All they can do is try to prove the WTS is wrong, that's about it.

New entrants into the market
    There are no new religions around to match the WTS product.

Substitute products and services
    Substitutes products (hellfire, immortality of the soul, trinity). JWs have learned to reject these doctrines. It is hard to deprogram them to embrace it again.

Existing competitors
    Roman Catholic Church, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Salvation Army. JWs are programmed to view them as false religions. It is hard to deprogram them to embrace it again.

OTHER FACTORS

Marketing
    Zealous evangelizing of the JWs will only enable them to recuit more members as time goes by.

Medicine on their side
    For the blood issue, alternatives are coming up and the field of medicine is now buying the idea of bloodless surgery.

Past mistakes of interpretation
    The JW GB are now vocal in their admission of the past mistakes they did. After all, they are only humans.

Management styleAs the management is changing and getting younger in terms of age, old 'beaucratic traditional culture' is slowly changing to a more relax management style.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    Bargaining power of customers (the members)The 'switching cost' is to high. If a member leaves the WTS, he/she will suffer from being disfellowshiped and loose friends and family.

Not a very clever marketing strategy really. "Buy our brand or we'll make your life miserable". Bound to alienate a lot of customers.

Bargaining power of suppliers (the apostates and other denominations)
    The apostates don't really have a tangible product to substitute the WTS product. All they can do is try to prove the WTS is wrong, that's about it.

This assumes that people have to have some organised religion, like they have to have some brand of toilet paper. But they don't. You don't need to offer a better brand of cigarette when you're trying to convince someone to quit smoking.

New entrants into the market
    There are no new religions around to match the WTS product.

See above.

Substitute products and services
    Substitutes products (hellfire, immortality of the soul, trinity). JWs have learned to reject these doctrines. It is hard to deprogram them to embrace it again.

It doesn't automatically follow that leaving JWs means embracing these beliefs.

Existing competitors
    Roman Catholic Church, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Salvation Army. JWs are programmed to view them as false religions. It is hard to deprogram them to embrace it again.

There are many, many other competitors besides these. Along with the dozens of brands of Christianity, there's all the Eastern religions, the revived earth-based religions, and of course, there's the start-your-own option. It's like the cookie section at the grocery store, you're bound to find something you like. And if you don't, you can go home and make your own.

OTHER FACTORS

Marketing
    Zealous evangelizing of the JWs will only enable them to recuit more members as time goes by.

This is optimistic. 8000 cold calls leads to 1 bible study. In all my childhood as a JW, 15 years, my mother who went out in service every saturday achieved one bible study, and that was with a woman who was mentally disabled, abused by her husband and so desperately lonely that she'd have agreed to anything in return for a little kindness. She was never baptised, and when we moved, she stopped studying, since nobody else in the congregation wanted anything to do with her. My mother, by the way, is an extremely charming and persuasive woman, and if she had only taken up selling real estate or cars she'd probably have done quite well. But it's hard to sell a product people have little use for.

Medicine on their side
    For the blood issue, alternatives are coming up and the field of medicine is now buying the idea of bloodless surgery.

Catchy slogan: "Buy our product and you won't have to watch your children die after an accident."

Past mistakes of interpretation
    The JW GB are now vocal in their admission of the past mistakes they did. After all, they are only humans.

I don't know how vocal they are. Plenty of people still think the UN involvement is a lie, don't know who Bill Bowen and Barb Anderson are or what they were disfellowshipped for, don't know that blood transfusions have been allowed in Bulgaria for some time, don't know that there is a grave injustice in the treatment of party cards in Malawi compared to Mexico, don't know about the compromising letter that the German JW leadership wrote to the Nazi party during Hitler's rise to power. Have there been any apologies to those who's loved ones died before there was new light on transplants? To those who had to go to jail before there was new light on community service during the draft? To those who were disfellowshipped for being raped? To those sexually abused children whose elders told them to keep quiet about it? I haven't heard about it if there were such apologies.

Management styleAs the management is changing and getting younger in terms of age, old 'beaucratic traditional culture' is slowly changing to a more relax management style.

That's got to help. But when you come down to it the JW product is the promise of protection when Armageddon comes, which includes a sense of superiority because god loves them and nobody else, the conviction that everyone who disagrees with them will die soon, and lots and lots of rules to follow. That's just exactly what suits some people, but I don't think there will ever be a mass market for it.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

DUDE YOU ARE A GENIOUS I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS! Ill make a reply later but the best way is to simple make a religion competitive to the watchtower. Better service, better product, and cheaper prices you need to Microsoft the watchtower. Steal their product and market and utilized it better. Sadly people are caught up on this religions are sacred thing and no one venture capitalizes with religion. I doubt the apostates will ever understand that their efforts are better utilized building a watchtower clone than mailing the NGO scandal to 10000 kingdom halls.

Oh and people don't "need" televison or movies. If people only bought what they needed we would be living like amish. Just because you don't need a religion does not mean people won't buy one.

• qwerty
    qwerty

6 Billion people + on earth will die and only 6 million + (or minus depending on the JW's who die at the big "A" because they were not doing enough!)

And NO don't mention the flood!

Thanks,

Q

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

pees on,

Being the evil and wicked, but kind, old apostate bastard that I am, please allow me to help you find your way around here. You obviously have taken the wrong turn. Unfortunately you have mistakenly entered the third door on the right - the room for "Brains of The Class", when, in fact, you should have entered the third door on the left which was clearly the one for you, marked "Pains of The Arse".

You are forgiven, for the lord cheeses understands that it is hard to 'see' with shit for a brain.

cheeses. Who may at times set a bad example.

• hippikon
    hippikon
    Assuming the WTS is a business and the product is the JW association and teachings. Why will apostates fail to compete with the WTS? Let us examine them one by one.

You seem to forget that Apostates are also a product of the WTS.

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

You Say "Bargaining power of suppliers (the apostates and other denominations) The apostates don't really have a tangible product to substitute the WTS product. All they can do is try to prove the WTS is wrong, that's about it". Ummmm I think you have forgotten something here, It HAS been proven that the WTS product is wrong.....and "Tangible Product for subsitution" is subjective, to think that people require a similar product is typical WT brainwashing, you forget dear friend, the WTS members amount to less then 1% of the worlds population, hardley a triumph for "da truff"??? JGull

• Maverick
    Maverick

Very interesting analysis setting. But I don't think it applies here. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Apostates, if you want to use that term are more of a watch-dog and exit based group. All voluteers and both using and providing a service to the JW's.

Your concept would be the same as writting to AA and telling them why they will never win out over the liquor industry. Maverick

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Your concept would be the same as writting to AA and telling them why they will never win out over the liquor industry. Maverick

Very good point, Mav.

Its sorta like proving that cigarettes are killers, then the person asking where he can get a substitute little stick he can smoke which won't kill him....impossible.

The WTS is bad for a person, therefore you don't need to jump into another bad scenario just because you chose to leave.

Sirona

• avengers
    avengers
    Assuming the WTS is a business and the product is the JW association and teachings. Why will apostates fail to compete with the WTS?

First of all: You have failed to look up the definition of "apostate". I'll do it for you:
    Apostate
    (a.) ; faithless to moral allegiance
    (n.) One who has forsaken the faith, principles

May I remind you that the ones faithless to moral allegiance are to be found within the Governing Body
    They slept with the "Scarlet Colored Wild Beast". Not us. They have forsaken the faith, the priciples.
    They were the ones whom committed not just fornication, but bestiality.
    And then all the pedophiles within their Organization whom they allow in their midst. The defense of the Watchtower is to call us who are blowing the whistle about these issues the apostates,
    so that the Rank an File can be manipulated.
    No, the days of the Watchtower are counted. It's only a matter of time.
    Your theory sucks, big time.

Andy.

edited to add: Oh yes BTW. I'm not an enemy of the JW's, but of the Governing Body whom deceives,
    manipulates and destroys the lives of their followers. My daughters are JW's. How could they be my enemy.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit