I Threw Out My NWT Today.... I am officially a cult free household.

by shamus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Did you throw your trash out? How long did you keep it?

Stupidly, I felt awful about fading, and went through my huge collection of bound crap, making sure that my name was nowhere on the cult material, and dropped off three large boxes at the kingdumb hall one night.

The only thing that I kept was my bible and my Jesus book. That's going in the trash right after I type this.

Did you ever delay throwing the trash out?

I feel nothing at all having the crap out of my house other than even more relief if that's possible.

• eljefe
    eljefe

I have all of my books in boxes in the attic. I just haven't had time to take out the trash. I look forward to doing it purely for its metaphoric meaning.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Not sure how I feel about the literature. I still have quite a lot of it around and find it of academic interest on several levels. I'll probably continue to hang on to it, but it doesn't have the same guilt-inducing pull, so I'm okay with it.

Plus I can now throw old mags in the trash without a second thought, in my dub days I think I felt like it was some sort of sacrilege. lol

O

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I did...Right away.....

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have been cleaning out my parent's books today, freeing up bookshelves downstairs. There were two boxes of Mom's WT literature that is going out to with the next charity pickup. I'll let them deal with those "treasures". There were two old Rutherford books that I had missed when I sold books on ebay, so they are now on ebay. I might as well make some money.

We have only a few things of our own that we are keeping, for reference use or sentimental reasons.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I left all my crap at my parents' house when I moved out. The only thing I took with me was my green copy of the NWT. I paid 60 cents for it in a second hand store. I also have the WT CD which someone was nice to send me ;)

Other than that, there's nothing.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Odrade? Please, Please tell me which JW publication has "academic value". This, I've got to see!!

carmel

• Quotes
    Quotes

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/order-donate.htm

Literature Donations

Cleaning out your library? Have duplicate or unsued Watchtower Society publications sitting around gathering dust? Don?t throw it out! If you are prepared to pay for the shipping to us, let us know what you have by email.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

We still have our NWT bibles.. partly because they were custom bound and partly because I haven't bothered throwing them out. The other literature I tossed, except for the book that got me out of the org.. the 1985 Evolution book with my research on its bogus quotes.

I kept the CD-ROMs in case I need to look anything up.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I still have a copy of the NWT. It belonged to my grandmother. I don't plan on throwing it away.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit